Posted on: May 27, 2023
RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor
headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in
the construction, manufacturing and building services industries.
As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on
developing strong relationships with customers, as true project
partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings
creativity, performance and optimism to every project. - RK Mission
Critical provides custom-engineered modular solutions for the data
and telecom industries. We're a single source solutions provider
that can handle complex and high-volume projects. We listen
carefully to customer needs and have the experience to develop
solutions that others can't or won't. The peRKs:
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay In-house Programs
- Career development training for all levels through RK
- Discounts on products and services for life's necessities such
as phone, internet and work apparel
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering
opportunities Partnership Programs
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets,
restaurant specials and more What you'll be working on:
- Organize all engineering team members
- Assist Commercial Services team in estimating engineering
production time on future products & SOWs.
- Works directly with Project Manager to develop & maintain a
schedule for engineering completion.
- Track and report variance of estimates to forecast future
- Attend design meetings for Design Build and Design Assist
- Provide direction to all Product Engineers & Designers
throughout modeling & drafting phases.
- Works with Project Management & External Stakeholders as needed
& defined in SOWs.
- Keep records of meeting minutes for design and preconstruction
- Ensure plans and specifications are updated and complete on the
- Work with External Stakeholders during the preconstruction
- Help build Customer Relations.
- Ensure conceptual estimates and budgets are complete and
reflect all that is required to build the project.
- Provide engineering assistance as requested to the Operations
team during construction.
- Provide budget certainty, business development, and input on
- Mentor and train staff as needed to ensure we stay up with the
ever-changing market demands.
- Prepare executive level reporting to ensure that upper
management is kept abreast of all department needs and current
- Establish and measure department goals.
- Perform all departmental reviews and evaluations as
- Other duties as assigned.
- ***This job does not provide sponsorship. What is expected of
an Engineering Manager:
- College/University graduate preferred with 10 years relevant
experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Extensive experience leading a team, people, and large scale
preconstruction projects in a manufacturing, electrical, and/or
- Expert in field.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature
judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and
activities of importance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with all phases of design from conceptual documents
to final drawings and specifications.
- Excellent analytical abilities - must be able to evaluate
technical drawings like blueprints or project proposals and
accurately interpret them. How you make Safety your top priority:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are
empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees
should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to
implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices
including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation,
shop specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens,
Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 10. Minimum Physical
- Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous
- Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
- Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and
- Ability to lift, move, and/or carry 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Denver Business Journal -Denver-Area Private Companies: -Ranked
#21 in 2021, #19 in 2019 and various ranks in previous ten years or
- Denver Business Journal -Denver-Area Private Sector Employers:
-Ranked #12 in 2022, #25 in 2021, #19 in 2019
- Denver Business Journal -Fastest-Growing Denver-Area Private
Companies: -Ranked #6, 2019
- Denver Business Journal -Fast 50 list: -Ranked #6 2019
- ABC's Top 200 Performers: -Ranked #31 in 2022, Ranked #22 in
2021, Ranked #16 in 2020, Ranked #18 in 2019
- ABC's Top 75 Trade Contractors: -Ranked #11 in 2022, Ranked #7
- ABC's Top Performers by Market:
Airport Contractor: Ranked #15 in 2022
Entertainment Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
High Tech Contractor: Ranked #8 in 2022
Hospitality Contractor: Ranked #10 in 2022
Mixed Use Contractor: Ranked #6 in 2022
Museums, Monuments and Parks Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
Office Contractor: Ranked #20 in 2022
- Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness
Employer Certification: -2019 Silver
- ColoradoBiz Magazine -Top Company 2021 Awards: -Winner,
Category: Construction + Engineering
- ColoradoBiz Magazine -Top Company 2017 Awards: -Winner,
Category: Construction + Engineering
- ColoradoBiz Magazine -Top 50 Family Owned Companies: -Ranked #1
- ColoradoBiz Magazine -Top 200 Private Companies: -Ranked #8 in
2021 and 2020, Ranked #10 in 2019, Ranked #11 2018
- ColoradoBiz Magazine -Top 250 Private Companies: -Every year
- American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award: -2020
(Gold), 2019 (Gold), 2018 (Gold), 2017 (Silver), 2016 (Platinum),
- Colorado Workforce Development Council: -Celebration of
Excellence in Apprenticeship, 2018 Outstanding Employer
- Business Experiential Learning Commission: -2020 Colorado
Apprentice Award, Employer category
- Engineering News Record -Specialty Contractor of the Year -
Mountain States: -2020
- Health Links Healthy Workplace: -Certified leader in 2022 and
2021 SAFETY AWARDS
- ABC STEP Awards: Diamond level: 2022, 2017, Platinum level:
2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009,
- ACCA Award Member: -Safety Master's Club
- AGC Safety Utah: -Silver Award with 5 stars, 2022 COMMUNITY AND
- Denver Business Journal -Corporate Foundations: -Ranked # 6 in
2021, #7 in 2020, #6 in 2019
- Denver Business Journal -Denver Area Corporate Philanthropists:
-Ranked #22 in 2021, #23 in 2020
- The Civic 50 Colorado: -One of the most community-minded
companies 2020, 2019
- Carson J Spencer Foundation: -2015 Corporate Shooting Star
Award for RK's suicide prevention efforts QUALITY ACCREDITATIONS
- ISO 9001:2015 System Standards
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Standards
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Specification
- AISC Shop Fabrication Certification, -since 2010; -Field
Erector Certification -since 2017
- ASME Stamps: -R, S, U, and U2 - Class 1 and 2. U Stamp since
2012. U2 Stamp since 2015.
- Colorado Resolution 35 Standards Certification for Modular
Building Manufacturing, -since 2015 RK MISSION CRITICAL AWARDS
- 2020 Colorado Manufacturing Awards: -Building and Construction
Manufacturer of the Year
- ColoradoBiz Magazine: -Made in Colorado - Most Innovative
Manufacturer, Runner-Up in 2021
- Global Business Leaders Magazine: -20 Leading Companies of the
- Denver Business Journal -Denver-Area Manufacturing Firms:
Ranked #8 in 2022 MANUFACTURING AWARDS
- MFG Magazine -Colorado Manufacturing Awards: -Category: Built
- ColoradoBiz Magazine: -Made in Colorado 250 List: 2017
- Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Manufacturing Firms
(submitted corporately): Ranked #6 in 2021, #7 in 2020 and #7 in
Keywords: RK, Aurora , Engineering Manager, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...