15U CH-47 Helicoptor Repairer
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: May 20, 2023
The CH-47 (Chinook) helicopter is the heavy lifter of the Army National Guard and requires precise mechanical attention. Used for cargo handling, transporting troops, disaster evacuation, and combat operations, it's up to you to ensure these helicopters are ready to answer any call to action.
The wide range of missions and diversity of functions of Guard helicopters require a highly specialized maintenance team for each type of aircraft. As a CH-47 Helicopter Repairer you will be responsible for supervising and performing maintenance on Chinooks to ensure that these aircraft remain safe and ready to fly. This includes all requisite inspections, service, and maintenance of aircraft and subsystems.
• Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies such as engines, rotors, gearboxes, transmissions, and mechanical flight controls
• Service and lubricate aircraft and subsystems
• Inspect and repair aircraft wings, fuselages, and tail assemblies
• Prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks
• Assist in diagnosing/troubleshooting
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Engine disassembly and repair
• Repair of aluminum, steel, and fiberglass airframes/coverings
• Fix hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
• Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
• Ability to use hand and power tools
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a CH-47 Helicopter Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
Job ID: 1056
ZIP Code: 80011
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 engine airplane inspector mechanic aviation lead repair align calibrate power distribution aerospace aeronautics avionics line maintenance component overhaul standard wiring practices rotary wing
Keywords: Army National Guard, Aurora , 15U CH-47 Helicoptor Repairer, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
here to apply!