Company: RK Mechanical, Inc.
Posted on: March 11, 2023
RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor
headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in
the construction, manufacturing and building services industries.
As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on
developing strong relationships with customers, as true project
partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings
creativity, performance and optimism to every project.RK Mission
Critical provides custom-engineered modular solutions for the data
and telecom industries. We're a single source solutions provider
that can handle complex and high-volume projects. We listen
carefully to customer needs and have the experience to develop
solutions that others can't or won't. The peRKs:RK
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly payIn-house Programs
- Career development training for all levels through RK
- Wellness coaching offering exercise planning, gym discounts,
health screenings, program incentives up to $2,100 a year, and
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets,
restaurant specials and more
- Additional discount on products and services for life's
necessities such as phone, internet and work apparel. Summary of
Duties: Lead the engineering team, including Operations and
External Stakeholders through the budgeting, engineering and design
processes. Act as a key leader in the entire work acquisition
process including management, cost control, value engineering,
coordination, and delivery of the preconstruction phases of the
project. Primary Responsibilities:
- Organize all engineering team members.
- Develop schematic design and design development estimates with
- Track and report variance of Estimates from Schematic Documents
through Construction Documents including the development and
management of the preconstruction trend log and the PCM breakdown
- Negotiate Contract Scope and ensure compliance with Budget, VE,
- Attend design meetings for Design Build and Design Assist
- Keep records of meeting minutes for design and preconstruction
- Ensure plans and specifications are updated and complete on the
- Work with External Stakeholders during the preconstruction
- Assist in the formulation of Narrative Scopes.
- Help build Customer Relations.
- Ensure conceptual estimates and budgets are complete and
reflect all that is required to build the project.
- Provide engineering assistance as requested to the Operations
team during construction.
- Provide budget certainty, business development, and input on
- Mentor and train staff as needed to ensure we stay up with the
ever-changing market demands.
- Prepare executive level reporting to ensure that upper
management is kept abreast of all department needs and current
- Establish and measure department goals.
- Perform all departmental reviews and evaluations as
- Other duties as assigned. Accountability:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Prompt, punctual, and regular attendance during core business
hours, in an office or warehouse environment, including a reliable
means of transport to and from work. Ability to occasionally travel
between corporate offices and jobsites within the Denver Metro
Area, during work hours.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are
empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees
should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may
be corrected.Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous
- Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
- Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and
- Ability to lift, move, and/or carry 50 lbs.
- College/University graduate preferred with 10 years relevant
experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Extensive experience leading a team, people, and large scale
preconstruction projects in a manufacturing, electrical, and/or
- Expert in field.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature
judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and
activities of importance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with all phases of design from conceptual documents
to final drawings and specifications.
- Excellent analytical abilities - must be able to evaluate
technical drawings like blueprints or project proposals and
accurately interpret them.
- WORKPLACE AWARDS
- Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked
#21 in 2021, #19 in 2019 and various ranks in previous ten years or
- Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Sector Employers:
Ranked #12 in 2022, #25 in 2021, #19 in 2019
- Denver Business Journal Fastest-Growing Denver-Area Private
Companies: Ranked #6, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Fast 50 list: Ranked #6 2019
- ABC's Top 200 Performers: Ranked #31 in 2022, Ranked #22 in
2021, Ranked #16 in 2020, Ranked #18 in 2019
- ABC's Top 75 Trade Contractors: Ranked #11 in 2022, Ranked #7
- ABC's Top Performers by Market:
- Airport Contractor: Ranked #15 in 2022
- Entertainment Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
- High Tech Contractor: Ranked #8 in 2022
- Hospitality Contractor: Ranked #10 in 2022
- Mixed Use Contractor: Ranked #6 in 2022
- Museums, Monuments and Parks Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
- Office Contractor: Ranked #20 in 2022
- Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness
Employer Certification: 2019 Silver
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2021 Awards: Winner, Category:
Construction + Engineering
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2017 Awards: Winner, Category:
Construction + Engineering
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 50 Family Owned Companies: Ranked #1
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 200 Private Companies: Ranked #8 in
2021 and 2020, Ranked #10 in 2019, Ranked #11 2018
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 250 Private Companies: Every year
- American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award: 2020
(Gold), 2019 (Gold), 2018 (Gold), 2017 (Silver), 2016 (Platinum),
- Colorado Workforce Development Council: Celebration of
Excellence in Apprenticeship, 2018 Outstanding Employer
- Business Experiential Learning Commission: 2020 Colorado
Apprentice Award, Employer category
- Engineering News Record Specialty Contractor of the Year -
Mountain States: 2020
- Health Links Healthy Workplace: Certified leader in 2022 and
- RK MISSION CRITICAL AWARDS
- 2020 Colorado Manufacturing Awards: Building and Construction
Manufacturer of the Year
- ColoradoBiz Magazine: Made in Colorado - Most Innovative
Manufacturer, Runner-Up in 2021
- Global Business Leaders Magazine: 20 Leading Companies of the
- Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Manufacturing Firms: Ranked
#8 in 2022
- MANUFACTURING AWARDS
- MFG Magazine Colorado Manufacturing Awards: Category: Built
- ColoradoBiz Magazine: Made in Colorado 250 List: 2017
- Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Manufacturing Firms
(submitted corporately): Ranked #6 in 2021, #7 in 2020 and #7 in
- QUALITY ACCREDITATIONS
- ISO 9001:2015 System Standards
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Standards
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Specification
- AISC Shop Fabrication Certification, since 2010; Field Erector
Certification since 2017
- ASME Stamps: R, S, U, and U2 - Class 1 and 2. U Stamp since
2012. U2 Stamp since 2015.
- Colorado Resolution 35 Standards Certification for Modular
Building Manufacturing, since 2015
- SAFETY AWARDS
- ABC STEP Awards: Diamond level: 2022, 2017, Platinum level:
2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009,
- ACCA Award Member: Safety Master's Club
- AGC Safety Utah: Silver Award with 5 stars, 2022
- COMMUNITY AND PHILANTHROPY
- Denver Business Journal Corporate Foundations: Ranked # 6 in
2021, #7 in 2020, #6 in 2019
- Denver Business Journal Denver Area Corporate Philanthropists:
Ranked #22 in 2021, #23 in 2020
- The Civic 50 Colorado: One of the most community-minded
companies 2020, 2019
- Carson J Spencer Foundation: 2015 Corporate Shooting Star Award
for RK's suicide prevention efforts
Keywords: RK Mechanical, Inc., Aurora , Engineering Manager/Director, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...