Senior Defense Analyst
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Description Job Description: Grow with us! Through training,
teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos
show you how to accelerate your career path.Leidos is seeking a
Senior Military Professional for a Senior Defense Analyst position
in Greenwood Village Colorado.( Denver , Lakewood and Aurora Metro
area.)Job Summary Conduct research and analysis of complex national
security issues and defense policy. Position requires a significant
military background to include experience in the Asian-Pacific
region and expertise in developing policy and strategy papers for
the US government. The position also requires significant
experience doing quantitative analysis and/or modeling. Foreign
language capability is desirable. A requisite requirement is the
ability to immediately contribute to the process of preparing and
delivering technical analytical products to personnel in the US
government. The position is located in Greenwood Village,
- Conduct technical research and analysis; prepare briefings and
technical reports: and brief DoD and IC customers on research and
- Routinely interact with Government personnel in meetings and
seminars.Note-Relocation assistance may be available.Basic
- Strong technical skills with MS or PhD degree in one of the
following disciplines: Operations Research; Operations Analysis;
Systems Analysis; Statistics; Applied Mathematics; Stochastic
Processes; or Industrial Engineering.
- 12 to 20 years military experience up to command-level
- Knowledgeable of day-to-day military operations within
- Experience in the Pacific area of operations.
- Experience with the development of strategy, policy, and force
requirements for future contingencies.
- Significant experience with quantitative analysis and/or
- Able to conduct in -depth research on a variety of national
defense topics. Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a diverse
team of highly trained multi-disciplinary analysts.
- Excellent analytic, research, and writing skills required.
- Comfortable in preparing and delivering detailed, oral
presentations derived from research and analysis to senior DOD
- Understanding of Asian-Pacific regional issues from a US
military planning and operational perspective.
- Work experience as Attach--/FAO at USDAO, US Embassy, China,
Japan or Asian/Pacific locations.
- Additional education or training in foreign affairs.Security
Clearance Requirements: Applicant must meet one of three security
clearance criteria: 1) have an active SECRET clearance; 2) have
SECRET eligibility based on a previous access debrief date within
the last two years; or, 3) accept an offer based on a contingency
that they must be able to obtain Interim SECRET clearance within 45
days from date of the offer. Pay Range: Pay Range $139,750.00 -
$215,000.00 - $290,250.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level
is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Aurora , Senior Defense Analyst, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!