Company: Banfield Pet Hospital
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Certified Veterinary Technician
Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a
positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and
the field of veterinary medicine. And we believe hiring people with
diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures permits us to deliver the
highest quality of preventive care.
As a Banfield Registered Veterinary Technician, you will work
alongside pet health care industry experts to make a difference in
the lives of the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to
utilize your veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love
for pets, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a
clear career path for continued growth and learning.
- Support Veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care,
advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the
medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with your
state's Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health
concerns and offer guidance on Optimum Wellness Plan - options,
medications, and additional treatments.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records
with the support of practice systems, including Banfield's
database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and
maintain medical charts.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and
sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team
Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or
Commitment beyond qualifications
Being a Registered Veterinary Technician requires much more than
AVMA certified credentials. It means bringing your talents, skills,
dedication, and a desire for developing alongside your peers. But,
most importantly, it means showing up each day with a passion for
pets and working with others who believe preventive care is the key
to helping pets achieve long and healthy lives.
As we do with all our associates, we look to our vet techs to adopt
our Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality,
Efficiency, and Freedom. And, while you're on-paper qualifications
are of course important, we actively seek out vet techs who thrive
on delivering outstanding client and pet experiences.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose
this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as important to
support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this
cause. Through our extensive network and support structure,
Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering
you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and
As a Banfield RVT, we want you to take full advantage of work and
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you
and eligible dependents
- Automatic enrollment in 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of
- Health Savings Account with annual practice-paid funding of
$750 to supplement health care expenses
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term
disability after 60 days of employment - includes maternity
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin,
fitness, cellular, and so much more
Potential as Big as Your Passion
Whether you are a newly certified or experienced RVT, a job at
Banfield opens the door to exploring the next best move in your
career. We are committed to helping you grow as an RVT by
- Performance Development Plans (PDP) are designed to help you
define and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities along with the
opportunity to attend partner conferences
- Free membership to NAVTA, practice-paid subscription to
VetFolio, and a 50% discount for VetGirl
- Opportunities to lend your skills to the local communities
where you live and serve
- Ability to grow into leadership roles at the field and practice
Support that helps you thrive
We've created a structure that includes leadership and support at
the hospital level, in the field, and at our headquarters, all with
one goal in mind: helping you deliver quality care for all
Through volunteering efforts, and our programs designed to benefit
local shelters and rescues, we strengthen the pet-human connections
in our communities. Discover how we support the wellbeing of our
people and profession through the Mars Volunteer Program (MVP).
So, what are you waiting for?
Make your move and apply today!
Banfield Pet Hospital - strongly supports and values the uniqueness
of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity
is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic
information, or protected veteran status. If you have a disability
or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Banfield Pet Hospital follows all applicable federal, state, and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
Keywords: Banfield Pet Hospital, Aurora , Veterinary Technician, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!