Posted on: January 12, 2022
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS
operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around
As the Junior Technician you will perform routine testing, follow
defined standard operating procedures and detailed instructions
under direction of the Supervisor, Testing Laboratory. You will be
responsible for installing the engines or vehicles into the test
cell, installing instrumentation, setting up the test control
interface, and maintenance of various measurement devices including
exhaust emission analyzers. Then you will monitor, document test
results and report results to Engineers.
- Performs routine emissions tests procedures on vehicle chassis
dynamometers and using other specialized test equipment such as
- May use statistical methods to identify recurring problems and
give detailed reports on defects.
- Installs and sets up test articles, fixtures, test equipment,
instrumentation and controls.
- May perform calibration and assemble test equipment prior to
- Performs testing as instructed and records / logs testing
results, communicates results to a higher-level Technician, or to
Engineer, or to a Supervisor, as required.
- Follows all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Follows Quality protocols and reports discrepancies to the
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of equipment as
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Increases technical knowledge, completes assignments and
maintains passing scores for curriculum outlined in the Laboratory
Test Technician Training Plan for Level 1.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of experience in Testing Laboratory.
- Knowledge regarding the operation and maintenance of diesel and
gasoline vehicles or engines, and strong computer skills.
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related
- Certification in Automotive Technology (Automotive Service
Excellence (ASE)), or Certified Electrician, or certification by
Testing Technician Certification Institute preferred.
- Experience in Testing Laboratory.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the companys rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you
have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.by Jobble
Keywords: Sgs, Aurora , Junior Technician, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!