Cybersecurity Systems Analyst
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Who We Seek:
- Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do
and its impact on society.
- Self-Starters.You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up
and disrupt the status quo.
- Entrepreneurs.You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard,
develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
- Collaborators.You're a great contributor to a high performing
team that accomplishes great feats for our clients. What You Will
Do: The Cybersecurity Systems Analyst will assist in the RMF
Continuous Monitoring activities of the program to ensure that
operating systems (OS), networking, and infrastructure components
are compliant with the NIST 800-53 controls, and program policies
and procedures. Specifically, this involves the implementation and
utilization of various monitoring strategies and the delivery of
the results to Leadership in a timely manner. There will be
collaboration with other teams (application, database, and third
party administrators, Program Management Office, Leadership, and
the end-user community). This full-time position will report to the
Information System Security Officer.
- Working with third party hosting provider to ensure OS
compliance and to enhance the security posture of the program.
- Monitor systems for compliance and IA activities necessary to
protect data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption,
modification, perusal, inspection, recording or destruction.
- Develop, update and enforce policies, procedures and standards
dictated by guidelines produced by government and program
- Gather system and security controls documentation and
- Track vulnerabilities by creating and monitoring
- Report on Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) and
monitor for timely completion.
- Create automated STIG configuration checks that result in
- Perform periodic self-assessment across all applications and
track open vulnerabilities.
- Advise on secure implementation strategies for relevant
- 5+ years of IT working experience with Solaris and Linux
operating system services and security. Windows OS experience a
- Familiarity with end point security products such as HBSS,
HIPS, GPOs, etc.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals such as TCPIP,
subnets, firewalls, protocols and services, etc.
- Working knowledge of OS security topics such as vendor patching
methodologies, auditing configurations, interpreting ACAS/Nessus
- DoD OS STIG experience preferred
- DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) - server certificates,
person and non-person entities, user authentication, etc.
- Government Clearance preferred
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related
field (computer science, engineering, or information systems).
- May substitute 15 years of experience for a bachelor's
- Candidates MUST have or be able to obtain a Security+
certification within 6 months of hire date.
- College-level communications (both oral and written). It is
essential to adapt the content delivery based on the target
audience (management vs. technicians). Must be able to review and
write technical policies and standard operating procedures.
- Organization and Attention To Detail
- Excellent organization and attention to detail in tracking and
reporting compliance activity and trend analysis of enterprise
vulnerabilities. Able to manage several tasks concurrently and
prioritize tasks. Desired Skills:
- Cloud Services experience such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Understanding of security frameworks such as the NIST 800-53
security controls, RMF, DIACAP, etc.
- Experience with internal and/or external audits and providing
- Working experience with eMASS
- Data analysis and reporting with Splunk
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted advisor relationships
- Experience supporting sales and business development
- Experience with financial management
Years of Experience: 5+ Certifications: MUST have or be able to
obtain a Security+ certification within 6 months of hire date.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree Due to Federal
Requirements, can be considered About Us: Attain is a place for
great ideas and the people who have them. As a digital solutions,
management, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide
innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education,
health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those
they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital
strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the
entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. With a nationwide
presence, our team is in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
Visit to explore your path forward with Attain. Attain is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Applicants have rights under
Federal Employment Laws. For more information on Equal Employment
Opportunity visit EEO and EEO Poster Supplement , Family and
Medical Leave Act (FMLA) , Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Attain, Aurora , Cybersecurity Systems Analyst, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!