Network Control Center Technician
Company: Zayo Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world's most
impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming
our society. Zayo's 133,000-mile network in North America and
Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of
buildings and data centers. Zayo's communications infrastructure
solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths,
Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo
owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data
centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency
private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public
cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers,
media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large
This role is responsible for providing advanced technical support
to maintain products and services, performs testing and
coordination, use of CLR, vendor management, escalations, and other
duties related to maintaining the network. Works independently
under minimal supervision. Performs a wide spectrum of moderately
difficult assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation,
and judgement. Assumes all routine tasks for major or multiple
projects, and is periodically called upon to make un-reviewed
decisions. Has a strong internal and external network. May act as a
team leader and mentor others.
- Suspends any network activity that places the network at
- Performs advanced troubleshooting/diagnostics to identify
problem areas for resolution.
- Runs tests, checks processes, and assists with repair
- Tracks trouble resolutions, provides ticket updates and other
information to customers.
- Coordinates with technicians and dispatches field technicians
to provide maintenance/repairs and service.
- Performs remote testing, coordinates off-net testing, and
- Interacts with customers; attends customer meetings, and
maintains knowledge of customer needs.
- Gathers information and provides network data analysis.
- Provides technical consultation/coaching, and mentoring for
technicians and staff.
- Participates in quality control, performance/process
improvement measurement & tracking: assists in developing policies
- Assists in identifying training needs.
- Provides front-line support on customers problem calls.
- May provide assistance with projects to ensure successful
- May fill in for supervisor when not available to maintain
- High School Diploma plus 4+ years related technical
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Computer application skills.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental
Keywords: Zayo Group, Aurora , Network Control Center Technician, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!