Addiction Technician, PRN
Company: Aurora Mental Health Center
Posted on: February 16, 2021
The Aurora Mental Health Center is dedicated to helping people Live
Life to the Fullest. If you are passionate about our Core Values;
Passionate Caring, Rising to the Challenge, Honoring and Respecting
all Persons, Believe in Resilience and Putting Client and Community
First, we would like to invite you to join our family!
About The Team.
The Detox Center provides quality Withdrawal Management services to
individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Trained
professionals offer services 24/7 in a safe and supportive
environment. Services include safe Detoxification from drugs and
alcohol, individualized treatment planning, 1 on 1 counseling,
group counseling, case management, DUI Education classes, DUI
Therapy, Urine Analysis and Breathalyzer Monitoring
Our on-site staff include Addiction Technicians, Case Managers,
Peer Coaches, Shift Coordinators, Outreach Technicians, Drug
Monitoring Technicians, Financial Coordinators, and Program
About The Role.
The Addiction Technician, PRN, will be responsible for providing
milieu management and ensures safety of individuals or groups in a
detoxification treatment program.
- Interact with a client population that is actively intoxicated
and/or experiencing symptoms of withdrawal.
- Provide guidance, safety, stability and direction to
- Identify emergency signals and situations and reacts
- Perform accurate, legal, timely and ethical documentation at
all times, including admissions and discharges, inventories and
screening of clients' personal belongings, and charting of all
significant interactions with each client.
- Monitor and document client vital signs, physical condition and
behavior as needed. Enters data using Electronic Health.
- Record and Microsoft office product software.
- Monitor/observe Urinalysis (UA) or Breath Alcohol (BA) tests as
needed and documents appropriately.
- Monitor the facility to insure it is maintained in a neat and
orderly manner and that all outside doors remain secured.
- Dispose of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards.
- Refer client to supportive services to supplement treatment and
counseling when needed.
- May assist in transporting admitted clients to hospitals,
aftercare or other approved services as directed by the Shift
The ideal candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, a
knowledge of addiction treatment, be compassionate, have previous
experience (education and/or work) in psychology or a related
field, and be a team player. Further, the ideal candidate should
have solid computer and documentation skills, be comfortable
working with clients dealing with substance abuse and mental health
challenges, and be willing to liaison with community partners
(hospitals, treatment centers, law enforcement, etc.) as needed for
the successful treatment of clients.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or high school diploma plus 6
months' work experience in behavioral health and Certified
Addiction Counselor I (CAC I).
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within
six months of hire.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with a driving record that
meets organization's requirements.
- Preferred: Qualified Medication Administration Person
- Preferred: Certified Addiction Counselor II (CAC II)
- Basic computer skills, including ability to use Microsoft
Windows, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to learn and develop proficiency working with
specialized software utilized in program and to operate copier,
scanner and signature pad.
- Ability to write clinical notes and summaries in prescribed
style and format.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks.
Starting Salary for this role (based on experience and company
- $17.00- $18.50 hourly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Healthy Families and Workplaces Act - Sick Leave
- Quality Supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no
cost to the employee
- Loan Forgiveness
- Continued learning benefit
Keywords: Aurora Mental Health Center, Aurora , Addiction Technician, PRN, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!