Security Training Officer - UCHealth - University of Colorado Hospital - Aurora, CO
Company: Hss Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
OverviewOverviewHSS a Tarian company specializes in managed
security services in both physical and virtual high-risk
environments - keeping the excitement out of security since 1967.
We partner and serve with organizations in healthcare, aviation,
schools, and other settings where safety and security are top of
mind. With nearly 3,500 highly knowledgeable security and support
staff, HSS protects its partners and communities through healthcare
technology management, integrated security services solutions, and
an ingrained ability to assess and de-escalate situations in
physical security. More information about HSS can be found at
hss-us.com.*The schedule of paid holidays may vary by
location.Compensation: $26.75/hr.POSITION SUMMARYTrainer will be
responsible for assisting the facilitation of training to assigned
healthcare facility locations including but not limited to New
Security Officer Orientation (NSOO), TASER, Taser compliance,
Techniques for Effective Aggression Management (TEAM) and
compliance, and on-the-job (OJT), field training and
re-certification as necessary. - - Responsibilities ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Ensures team completes training and fully capable of performing
- As directed, will respond quickly and effectively to training
requests for designated site(s).
- Assists with facilitation of training to both small and large
groups, including NSOO, De-escalation Tactic Training, Terrorism
Awareness and Active Shooter Training, etc.
- Conducts monthly competency training at designated sites as
required and verify that agents are fully capable of performing
- Comprehends and executes written or verbal instructions.
- Maintains training records in Vision and verify that agents are
completing the training in iLEAD.
- Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports, including
- Maintains effective working relationships with co-workers,
client staff members, and other client vendors.
- Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the
client and HSS.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. or General Equivalency.
Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management, Law
Enforcement or a closely related field is preferable.
- Experience in security, loss prevention or law enforcement,
including prior management and/or supervisory experience may be
substituted for the required experience at the discretion of the
Contract Security Manager. Security related education may be
substituted for one (1) year of the minimum experience requirement
as approved by the Contract Security Manager.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of client site and posts and
proven ability to train Security personnel.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and, where
applicable, of multiple facilities.
- Ability to facilitate all training and pass all competency
tasks in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to,
HSS and client new employee orientation and security procedures and
- Possess in-depth knowledge of site-specific Post Orders.
- Act in a mature, responsible manner to set an example for
Security Agents. Foster a positive working relationship and be
available and supportive as a training resource to those in the
- Excellent customer service skills, strong verbal skills, as
well as a high attention to detail.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable
jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or
client/contract specific licenses or certifications.
- Valid state driver's license with clear driving record may be
required depending on site. Ability to meet HSS driving
requirements and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people
including, but not limited to, HSS teammates, clients, visitors,
and the general public.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including
employees, visitors, clients or their representatives or client
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and training and scheduling
- Ability to learn HSS Scheduling software and/or client specific
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS attendance
- May be required to obtain a CPR trainer Certification with
American Heart Association and assist when necessary to conduct
training classes. - -PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS - -This
is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on client
schedules, project deadlines, and the needs of the company. -
Workweeks may exceed the standard 40 hours. Evening and weekend
work may be required as job duties demand. Environment may be fast
paced and stressful. - - -Depending on site requirements, some
sites may require approximately 10-25% local and domestic overnight
travel and may include one or more of the following: - Day and/or
Overnight, by plane and/or car. - -While performing this job,
individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended
periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs;
occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required
to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands
and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities - - - -
-required by this job include close vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis, and
formulation. - Individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in
temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other
conditions commonly found in - - - customer environments. -
Self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate
supervision. - Able to drive a vehicle. - -HSS job descriptions are
meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all
duties and responsibilities of a position. - - - - - - -HSS will
consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by
Keywords: Hss Inc, Aurora , Security Training Officer - UCHealth - University of Colorado Hospital - Aurora, CO, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...