Company: Ocado Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
What You Will Do
The Robotics Operator will report directly to the respective
shift-assigned Engineering Team Manager, with a dotted line to the
Senior Controls Engineer. The Robotics Operator's role will be to
provide first-line support to the Operation through monitoring the
activities and efficiency of the Grid and Robots, and the ability
to meet its KPI targets. This is a hands-on role and, therefore,
candidates will need to adopt a versatile and flexible approach to
work as the site evolves; relative to new software system
Daily Robotic Operator roles may involve:
- Investigate any stoppage on the grid which pauses the Operation
and see through to resolution, including escalating to off-site
support and remotely connecting to the Robots.
- Monitor Robot performance and appropriately escalate problems
to Engineering Operations for inspection.
- Monitor the status of both the Robots and the physical grid -
investigating locked grid cells, charging ports, and general Robot
- Align, prioritize and monitor KPIs as defined by the ETM that
support the Customer's optimized service for its end
- Communicate across multiple departments to ensure the right
equipment is being used to maximize operational efficiency, and
assist with the planning.
- Coordinate Robot software roll-outs to keep the most up-to-date
software running across the Robot fleet.
The Robotics Operator may be asked to perform tasks as required by
management, deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is
a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive
or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks, and
duties, and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks, and
duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the
job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of
The initial 6 to 9 months will involve training and most likely
require some travel in order to obtain the training from another
site in the US and/or the UK. In the event the operation is
undergoing its initial startup, the daily responsibilities for this
role may be different while supporting the needs of a facility in
its initial stages of starting its operations. Once the facility is
commissioned, the roles defined in this job description will become
the daily responsibilities of the Robotics Operator.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in technology,
preferably in robotics and automation.
- Possess excellent computer skills and be PC literate.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage tight
- Analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Experience working in an FMCG production, automated warehouse,
or distribution center environment preferred.
- Be familiar with basic UNIX shell commands to connect to remote
hosts, authenticate and traverse the file system.
- Be able to work with log files and extract relevant log lines
through the application of commands used for file
- Experience in working with computerized maintenance management
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation
and a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working
days, nights, and weekends.
What do I get in Return
401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings; Paid Vacation and Sick
Days; 10 Paid Public Holidays; Medical, Dental, and Vision
Insurance; Medical and Dependent Care; Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual
Deductible; Company Paid Life Insurance; Short and Long Term
Disability Insurance; Employee Assistance Program
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability,
veteran's status, or any other classification as required by
Keywords: Ocado Group, Aurora , Robotics Operator, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!