Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description Job Description:Leidos is looking for a Senior
System Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology. We are using Behavior
Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full
suite of team collaboration tools. Program execution follows DEVOPS
best practices and employs robust development, test, and production
environments. The program provides system engineering, development,
test, integration, and operational support to a large, fast-paced
program, and is developing infusing new technology and adding
advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going
mission and operational system.Job DescriptionA Senior System
Engineer is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities
to a complex system with exacting interface, performance, and
security requirements. The selected candidate will provide system
engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas:
architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data
flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for
the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system
architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will
provide systems engineering expertise and develop system
architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities
include supporting and providing guidance for system development
and implementation planning through assessment of system
engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she
will support the development of system configuration documentation,
including designs for capacity and performance planning and will
perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and
analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and
concerns. He/she will help define task success criteria and test
procedures.Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for
system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements,
and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network
environment with geographically distributed components.
- He/she will interface with program management, system and
software integration engineers, test engineers, information
assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile
- He/she will be responsible for implementing system engineering
practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is
applied to all assigned tasks.
- The selected individual will be responsible for communicating
with and effectively collaborating with internal technical
professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer
organizations when necessary.
- The systems engineer will actively participate in program
increment planning and related agile team activities. Security
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
to considered for this role.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management,
or a related field and at least 12 years of related experience.
Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- At least three (3) years of experience designing and developing
large integrated classified systems.
- Must have requirements verification traceability
- Must have experience analyzing user requirements, system
architecture, and/or system requirements specifications.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems
engineering and development.
- Must have experience with UML/SysML.
- Must have some software development or shell scripting
experience, software detailed design experience, and
software/system testing experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience in several of the following
areas: system architecture, design, and development, requirements
analysis, data flow design/analysis, network design/implementation,
testing, technical system documentation.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components
simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in
support of agile teams.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and
communicate clearly regarding technical options and
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both
independently and with a team in a fast-moving
- Experience using CAMEO a plus.
- Model based systems engineering experience a plus.
- Experience writing and executing tests and/or Automated Testing
- COMSEC experience.
- Risk Management/Risk Register experience a plus.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology
or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience with technical documentation development.
- Past Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) or Test-Driven
Development (TDD) experience a strong
plus.Careers.leidos.comCSSKEYCONMDPay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 -
$182,000.00 - $245,700.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is
a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Aurora , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!