Company: Axelon Services Corporation
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Shift: Variable 0500-1330, 0600-1430,0830-1700, 1400-2230, or
1500-2330; Float Req: Yes; Weekend Req: 1 weekend per month;
Licensure/Certification: PTCB or equivalent, State of Colorado DORA
- Prepares preparing unit-dose nonhazardous and hazardous
medications and drug supplies for dispensing as directed by a
- Follows security/storage requirements of all medications
including temperature monitoring.
- Takes inventory and analyzes patient-care area medication
supply; replaces outdated medications; replaces depleted inventory;
performs cycle count.
- Independently performs inspections for medication
- Restocks and delivers medications to patient care areas or
clinics, as assigned, including automated dispensing machines;
assists in resolving discrepancies.
- Prepares non-parenteral nonhazardous and hazardous medications
for dispensing including controlled substances; delivers
- Prepares parenteral medications for dispensing including
controlled substances and may include any specialty area (such as
chemotherapy, etc.) competency; maintains all required records for
- Independently prepares medications for dispensing through
pharmacy software while verifying all lot and expiration numbers;
Follows the dispense prep/dispense check process in Epic when
- Learns and applies standard pharmaceutical/medical terms,
abbreviations and symbols commonly used in the prescribing and
dispensing of medications.
- Performs arithmetic calculations for usual dosage
determinations required in medication and solution
- Maintains inventory and supplies in assigned pharmacy area;
ensures all inventory has a validate barcode process completed per
established guidelines and procedures.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures,
quality improvement, environmental and infection control standards,
adheres to regulatory requirements and maintains environmental
cleanliness of the pharmacy areas in accordance with regulatory and
- Performs charging and crediting of medication returns.
- Reports adverse drug events and medication variances using the
hospital variance reporting program (QSRS).
- Maintains daily workflow to meet established priorities and
production requirements and completes daily operations tasks
utilizing assigned applications and software.
- Maintains continuing education requirements for required
- Assists in the onboarding of pharmacy technicians, pharmacists,
pharmacy residents, interns, and students.
- Assists with safety and quality improvement projects for the
Keywords: Axelon Services Corporation, Aurora , PHARM TECH, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!