Material Handler Nights Full Time
Company: Drake-Williams Steel
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Pr**imary Purpose of this Position: *
* Receive incoming materials from customers or delivery
* Prepare materials for paint or other operations. Includes
grinding, hand sanding, chemical wash and rinse, hanging, and other
preparation as directed.
* Place and retrieve materials from ovens and paint areas. Package
and load finished product.
* Keep materials organized and in proper location to enhance
production flow throughout manufacturing. Other duties/tasks
*E**ssential Job Functions: *
1. Safely operate boom lifts, forklifts, skid steers, and manual
carts, in order to move materials.
2. Move all processed material to the designated locations as
trained and instructed.
3. Keep material storage locations and racks organized and
4. Work with painters and blasters to have all product located and
ready ahead of time and deliver to the designated location when
5. Be courteous and friendly; present a good image of DWS to
customers and suppliers.
6. Follow all company work and safety rules and policies.
7. Attend all Tool Box meetings and other meetings as required by
8. Other duties as directed by the Foreman or Lead person.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: *
1. Ability to read, write, and perform higher arithmetic
computations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division of whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
2. Ability to understand and carry out semi-complicated verbal and
3. Ability to use independent judgment in the analysis of work
requirements and the determination of alternative methods to be
used within the limits of standard accepted practices.
4. Ability to work under periodic supervision focused on the
progress of work and setting priorities for job completion.
5. Ability to organize material.
6. Ability to follow inventory procedures.
7. Skill in using complex measuring equipment.
8. Knowledge of paint systems and inventory storage locations and
9. Knowledge of DWS shop orders, shipping and receiving practices,
and material packaging procedures.
P**h**y**sical Demands: *
* **S**t**and** *OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY over the course of the
8 to 12 hour work shift.
* **W**alk** *OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY over the course of the 8
to 12 hour work shift.
*S**it** *OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY over the course of the 8 to 12
hour work shift. Sitting times will vary daily. Most sitting will
be on a forklift.
*Lift** *weights up to 30 pounds FREQUENTLY from floor to head,
which includes the various tools and blocks utilized in the process
of performing the usual work duties during the 8 to 12 hour work
*Lift** *weights up to 70 pounds OCCASIONALLY from knee to waist,
which includes the various tools utilized in the process of
performing the usual work duties during the 8 to 12 hour work
* **Carry** *weights noted above distances ranging from a few feet
to 100 feet.
*Climb** *OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY up and down steps, ladders,
onto material, or onto conveyors.
*S**t**oop or crouch** *OCCASIONALLY while performing the regular
job duties. The position will be held continuously for a few
seconds to 15 minutes, depending upon the job.
* **Kneel** *in the commission of job duties OCCASIONALLY,
depending upon the job.
* **Crawl** *OCCASIONALLY up to 5 feet to access tools, materials,
* **Reach forward** *FREQUENTLY to perform job duties or to
retrieve tools. The employee will OCCASIONALLY be required to reach
to full forward extension.
* **Reach overhead** *OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY to guide material
attached to the cranes, to attach the chains from the crane to the
material, to locate blocks, or to saw blocks.
* **P**ush and pull** *material either attached to an overhead
crane or jib crane or on pallets OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY to
properly guide into place. Force varies up to 35 pounds.
* **P**ull hand over hand** *OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY to pull
chain through material. Force varies up to 70 pounds.
Non-Material Handling Demands*
1. Employee is expected to* **work** *40 hours a week. However,
hours including overtime and weekends may be required based on
Drake-Williams Steel's needs.
2. *Hear** *sufficiently to be aware of safety issues
3. *Visual ability** *to read and interpret shop drawings. Safety
glasses are required in the shop area.
4. Exposure to *heat, cold, wet and humid conditions** *in the shop
area OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY.
5. Exposure to *fumes, odors and dusts** *in the shop area
OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY.
6. Exposure to *solvents, greases, oils, and coolants**
*OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY.
7. *Wear** *all required Personal Protective Equipment. PPE
includes metatarsal safety shoes, hearing protection, safety
glasses, gloves, and hard hats.
Pencil, Tape Measure, Markers, Chainsaw, Hooks, Pry-Bar, Ladders,
M**achines Utilized: *
Boom lifts, forklifts, skid steers, and manual carts.
E**xperience and Education Required: *
1. High School degree or equivalent.
2. Minimum of six months of experience in a steel manufacturing or
All production positions have a starting range of $23-$29/hr.*
*Now offering a $1,000 hiring bonus!!*
*Please visit **our Employee Benefits page** for more
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $29.00 per hour%58047475%
Keywords: Drake-Williams Steel, Aurora , Material Handler Nights Full Time, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!