Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Description Hourly Wage Estimate: $19.42 - $28.16 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of
candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
salary may include your specific skills, how many years of
experience you have and comparison to other employees already in
this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the
range.IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested
over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an)
Surgery Scheduler with Aurora Denver Cardiology Associates you can
be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving
back!BenefitsAurora Denver Cardiology Associates, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Aurora Denver Cardiology Associates family! We will give
you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our
organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Surgery Scheduler
to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and
QualificationsSeeking a Surgery Scheduler for our practice who
provides clerical expertise to ensure all patients receive high
quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to
support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you
who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to
apply now. What you will do in this role: Obtains CPT and ICD-10
diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required for
treatment of the patient from practice staff; seeks assistance from
practice and Facility Coders as determined through practice and
- Prepares documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare
Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and follows
practice procedures to maintain this documentation.
- Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with
Facility to ensure procedure is scheduled, daily schedule is
streamlined and arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as
determined through Facility processes. Ensures all requirements for
the procedure have been obtained and confirmed with the Facility or
other parties to include medical/imaging records and needed
- Ensures scheduling packets are correct and timely.
- Obtain patient face sheets from Insurance Verification to
obtain necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
- Obtains authorization notes from Facility and scans into
medical record or practice management system.
- Collects necessary and appropriate physician and practice fees
associated with the procedure.
- Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center or
Facility before scheduling the patient.
- Ensures efficient coordination of provider clinic and Facility
schedule which could include awareness of provider's schedule and
coordination of provider time-out, travel, meetings, conferences
and continuing medical education.
- Refers conflicts and procedural questions to Practice Manager
or designee as they arise.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Cross-trains as back up to other business office positions as
- Performs other general duties as assigned.
- Maintain surgery logs or other required practice or case
tracking logs. What Qualifications you will need:
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting
highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital,
doctors office) preferred.Physician Services Group is skilled in
physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are
experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education.
We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care
centers. We are HCA Healthcare's graduate medical education leader.
We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and
fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added
solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered
healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and
improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the
world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Surgery Scheduler
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Aurora , Surgery Scheduler, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!