Company: Yellow Corporation
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Dock Supervisor will manage activities of the Dockworkers. Lead
teams and utilize available resources such as manpower and
equipment to move freight in the safest and most cost effective
manner to meet or exceed customer expectations and to achieve
service center and company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Communicates company safety program enforces safety rules and
compliance with all government regulations. Maintain a safe work
environment at all times.
* Interact daily with internal and external customers to deliver
exceptional customer service to meet and exceed customer
expectations and provide on-time and quality delivery of
* Collaborate with interdepartmental teams and other functions to
achieve work objectives and ensure seamless movement of
* Supervise and direct all activities of dockworkers and other
support staff engaged in the loading and unloading of freight.
* Prepare and plan daily utilization of resources to ensure a
consistent and efficient operation.
* Conduct effective employee pre-shift meetings.
* Supervise and observe the loading of trucks to determine
conformance to loading patterns to prevent damage to freight during
transit and that the safe operation of the truck will not be
* Utilize independent judgment and effectively recommend personnel
actions in accordance with company policy, procedures and
* Completes necessary paperwork/data input accurately and in a
timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of
* Manage work assignments, monitor performance and provide training
on duties, policies and procedures.
* Utilize work method programs for training and education to
motivate employees to improve performance and quality of work.
* Communicate clear performance expectations to ensure
high-performance work environment and proactively provide specific,
balanced and timely coaching/feedback to reinforce and encourage
high performance and promote a culture of teamwork.
* Maintain knowledge of applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements
* Interact with facility Office & Yard Operations, along with
clerical personnel, to properly service customer shipments in a
timely/cost effective fashion.
* High Levels of Integrity and Trust - Adheres to moral, ethical,
and professional standards, regulations, and organizational
policies; keeps commitments to promised actions.
* Composed in Extreme Pressure Situations - Maintaining stable
performance under pressure or opposition (e.g., experiencing time
pressure, conflict, or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner
that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
* Prioritizes Key Tasks - Identifies more critical and less
critical activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when
* Focused on Customers - Ensuring that the internal or external
customer's perspective is a driving force behind strategic
priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and
individual activities; crafting and implementing service practices
that meet customers' and own organization's needs; promoting and
operationalizing customer service as a value.
* Effective Planner - Plans work for team and self to create
* Great at Motivating Others - Motivating increased employee effort
by communicating a compelling view of the organization's purpose
and its future state in a way that helps others understand the
importance of their contributions and feel how outcomes will be
different when progress is achieved.
* Effective Time Management - Effectively managing one's time and
resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Perseveres Through Difficult Times - Demonstrates an
understanding of own emotional triggers, strengths, and development
needs as well as the impact of own behavior on others.
* Highly Effective Communication Skills - Conveying information and
ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging
manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening
actively to others.
* Skilled Problem Solver - Has operational capacity that allows an
understanding and ability to work through the challenges of the
* Goal Oriented - ambitious in nature, working to better the team
as a whole by exceeding key metrics.
* Delegates Effectively - Identifying and leveraging opportunities
to accelerate results and build capability by assigning tasks and
decision-making responsibilities to individuals or teams with clear
boundaries, expectations, support, and follow-up.
* Develops Subordinates - Planning and supporting the development
of individuals' knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can
fulfill current or future job responsibilities more
* Action Oriented - Ability to learn quickly and apply learning
when decisions need to be made and work is being accomplished.
* Competitive pay based on experience
* Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you
and your family
* PTO and paid holidays
* 401k Retirement Plan
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
* Demonstrated Leadership and supervisory capabilities.
* Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including
weekends and holidays, in all types of weather.
* Bachelor's degree in transportation, business or related
* Knowledge of local applicable collective bargaining
* Proven knowledge of computer applications (MS office).
* Experience in the transportation industry with deep knowledge of
operations and logistics.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter
vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as
well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges,
varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally
exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel,
oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to stand, walk, and maintain
balance for extensive periods of time. Occasionally sit. Ability to
perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Continually
speaking and hearing, giving and receiving directions. Occasional
lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
* Compensation Details: Midpoint $67,500
Keywords: Yellow Corporation, Aurora , Operations Supervisor, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!