Preload Supervisor - Aurora
Posted on: September 22, 2022
UPS is currently seeking highly motivated, energetic
self-starters to work as a Part-Time Operations Supervisor. This
management position involves directly supervising seven to ten
part-time Package Handlers. Part-Time Supervisors train, develop,
and hold their workgroups responsible for safety, production and
attendance. The Part-Time Operations Supervisor impacts the
organization by contributing to the continued growth and
profitability of UPS by maintaining the highest standards for
account productivity, accuracy, customer service, organization,
communication, cooperation, and safety. The Part-Time Operations
Supervisor provides innovative and effective leadership and
cultivates a functional working relationship with all levels of
personnel throughout the organization.
Employees will work Monday through Saturday, 2-5 day workweek.
Part-time management employees are generally expected to work 5 1/2
hours per day and are paid weekly. Some employees may work up to 10
hours per day in a 3 day workweek. Medical, dental, and vision
benefits are offered to employees and their eligible dependents.
Additional benefits include educational assistance, 401K,
discounted stock, and paid vacations/holidays.
Please note that these opportunities are part-time only.
The Part-Time Operations Supervisor responsibilities may include
but are not limited to the following:
- Management of department resources to ensure maximum output,
accuracy, and efficiency at all times.
- Meet or exceed all established standards for accuracy and
- Direct daily transload activities to support account objectives
for level of service, cost management, customer expectations, and
- Ensure that all department and/or corporate policies and
procedures are communicated, understood, and adhered to.
- Establish and promote a positive, team-oriented work
environment emphasizing employee involvement, pro-active
communication, inter-departmental cooperation, and continual
improvement on all levels.
- Implement employee personal development plans as required to
ensure the continuing professional growth of department
- Ensure that all department employees receive specific and
detailed orientation, skills and safety training, appropriate
materials and information, regular evaluations, and pro-active
coaching to support their continued development.
- Establish and maintain an aggressive cross-training program
within the department to promote development, enhance flexibility,
and ensure backup coverage of vital functions and processes.
- Function as an effective liaison and advocate on all levels to
ensure that employee, department, and corporate needs are addressed
in a timely and productive manner.
- Responsible to ensure that all employees adhere to safety
policies and procedures at all times, operating in full compliance
with department, station, corporate, OSHA, and WISHA
Experience and Education:
- Candidate is preferred have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Management/supervisory experience in a production/processing
environment is preferred.
- Prior experience in both operations and customer service is
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on
the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national
origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law
Keywords: UPS, Aurora , Preload Supervisor - Aurora, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!