RN Registered Nurse Float Pool Nights- Critical Care
Company: Denver Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Under general supervision, floats to all patient areas according to
scope of practice according to the DH floating guidelines. First to
float to a different unit as the staffing needs of the hospital
change. Utilizes the nursing process to provide care to all
patients with respect for their uniqueness using informed judgment,
individual competence and qualifications. Assesses patient's
physical and psychological condition on an ongoing basis throughout
the continuum of care. Documents patient's medical status upon
admission and throughout the patient's course of treatment. *
Required to fulfill weekend/holiday/"hard to staff days" commitment
per departmental policy. Schedules will be posted in advance but
unit assignments will be given on a day-to-day basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of techniques, methods, and competencies of clinical
- Knowledge of safety principles and infection control in the
patient care environment.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, and procedures of Denver
Health as they pertain to nursing.
- Skill to properly use medical instruments and laboratory
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written
- Ability to apply nursing principles, practices, and
- Ability to assess patients' needs and coordinate proper nursing
care; exercising initiative and judgment in selecting proper
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Ability to use computers and applications.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Completion of a nursing education program that satisfies the
licensing requirements of the Colorado State Board of Nursing for
Registered Nurses required.
- BSN preferred. Experience:
- Two years experience in a patient care setting required.
- Experience in Critical Care preferred.Certificates, Licenses
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) License in the State of Colorado
or participating compact state required.
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider Certification/CPR
required.Location: Main Hospital
Work Type: Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a
pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment
has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic
health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The
Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I
Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911
emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15
school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug
Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a
mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3
billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver
Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and
remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally
recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver
Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately
185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just
minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities
Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is
an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal
employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver
Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class."Required
Keywords: Denver Health, Aurora , RN Registered Nurse Float Pool Nights- Critical Care, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!