Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: August 1, 2022
A water utility is searching for an Asset Administrator to
oversee the important tasks of identifying and planning for the
continual improvements to the infrastructure of the system.
- Administers all aspects of the ArcGIS SDE Enterprise GIS
Database System (10.x), ArcGIS Server, and AMS.
- Coordinates and assigns tasks among the GIS team based on
priorities set by the Project Manager and holds the team
accountable; provides quarterly progress reports; provides
technical guidance and training as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service on all levels of GIS and AMS
as a technical resource in assisting and training users to access
information, resolve problems, and implement solutions.
- Performs GIS data maintenance, manipulation, analysis,
extraction, and generation using ArcGIS or AutoCAD.
- Maintains the Asset Information System including interaction
with GIS, labor, fleet, and inventory control systems; web map
services and intranet web mapping applications; GIS layers
including QA/QC of GIS data; thematic maps and reports as requested
and reports to track maintenance of the District-owned facilities
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve GIS application problems;
communicate with internal and external technical resources and
coordinate the acquisition of GIS data from multiple
- Utilize best use practices to determine data format, research
data conversions, establish data specifications, update sources and
ensure data integrity and successful data integration with
- Assist Manager with building Asset Management Program
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive inventory of assets,
including condition assessments, and the process for asset
management based on service life and risk.
- Conduct field assessment work of facilities and utility
systems, track inventory of infrastructure and equipment, capturing
nameplate information, and bar-coding.
- Establish standards, procedures, and documentation related to
the District’s GIS and AMP to ensure compliance.
- Make budget recommendations for District’s GIS and Asset
Management software and hardware.
- Collaborate with co-workers to develop the AMP; define
information specifications, asset knowledge standards, asset
information plans, and data quality assurance standards.
- B. S. in Geography, GIS, Environmental Sciences, or related
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and
experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and
abilities may be considered.
- Basic cartographic skills and experience with Arc GIS 10.x and
- Experience with AMP (preferably Elements or similar
- Knowledge of ArcGIS suite of software (10.x); administration of
an Enterprise GIS database system (SDE) and ArcGIS Servers;
GIS-related programming languages and application development
environments; AutoCAD or similar drafting software; computer
hardware and software and peripherals such as central processing
units, and plotters. Knowledge of Asset Management programs
(preferably Elements or similar software).
- Ability to coordinate GIS-related activities; troubleshoot
problems with GIS applications; data management including database
design and QA/QC practices.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater utility systems including
- Ability to follow verbal directions, written policies and
procedures accurately and completely; perform and follow-through on
diverse tasks, as well as adapt to changing technology, priorities
and conditions on demand.
- Aptitude to work independently and collaboratively; train users
utilizing techniques for explaining technical concepts and
procedures to non-technical users.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, co-workers, vendors,
consultants, contractors, industry personnel and the general
public. This includes providing accurate and timely oral reports,
and working with many individuals from diverse backgrounds and
points of view as part of a project team.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- GISP certification or similar preferred
- Utility experience highly preferred.
Why work here?
- Located in the beautiful Denver, CO area
- Job security
- Organization in operation for over 50 years
- Excellent working environment with a relaxed
- Paid time off (PTO) and Holidays
- Benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short
and Long-term Disability, Pension, 401A all paid by the
Salary range: $63,200 - $94,900. (Depending on experience and
Keywords: Job Juncture, Aurora , Asset Administrator, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!