Volunteer, South Platte Park
Company: South Suburban Park & Recreation
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Volunteer, South Platte Park
Volunteering is an incredibly rewarding way to give back to the
community and a way to spend your time enriching the lives of
others. South Platte Park volunteers participate at least once per
month in the specialty areas they have been trained for in helping
manage the park and programs. Specialty areas may include:
stewardship of resources, native garden maintenance, leading field
trip groups, hosting the Nature Center desk, conducting wildlife
surveys, and more! Selection of these areas may depend on volunteer
interest, schedule availability, and the ability to learn the
Our Ideal Candidate
* Must be ten (10) years old, depending on the specialty area.
* Volunteers aged ten (10) to thirteen (13) must have a parent or
guardian onsite while volunteering.
* Experience in gardening, landscaping, wildlife or plant
identification, grounds maintenance, education interpretation,
public speaking or customer service is preferred.
* Ability to follow workplace safety procedures and listen and
follow directions/instructions from supervisory staff.
* Will be aware of the policies and goals of the Park as presented
* Ability to learn and demonstrate maintenance and proper use of
hand tools or other equipment provided.
* Ability to regularly exercise discretion and independent
* Ability to interact tactfully, clearly, concisely, and
appropriately with the public, District administration, District
staff, fellow-volunteers, and other agencies or contractors.
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities, weather events, and
special work requests.
* For interpretation positions, ability to communicate with and
lead a group in the field and maintain safety and control and the
ability to find answers to questions asked of you.
The description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing
recreational services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions
of Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four
full-service recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and
restaurants, two ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX
track, a sports dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a
hotel and a nature center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800
acres of developed and open space land, including 119 multi-purpose
athletic fields, more than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60
playgrounds, 56 tennis courts, and the 880-acre South Platte
Keywords: South Suburban Park & Recreation, Aurora , Volunteer, South Platte Park, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!