Sr Principal Engineer Systems - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Supportability
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: June 21, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products
and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division is looking for
you to join our team as a Manager Systems Engineering 3 - Thermal
Assistant Department Manager for the Thermal, Propulsion and
Cryocooler Systems (TPCS) Department. You will aid in leading an
organization of Thermal Systems, Propulsion, and Cryocooler
engineers across various programs in Redondo Beach, CA with a focus
on Thermal Systems.
Assistant Department Manager responsibilities include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Promote the Space Systems vision and principles in their area
- Build a culture that empowers and motivates team performance,
establishing functional shared accountability with the programs and
new business pursuits
- Work closely with the TPCS Department Manager and section
managers to define and implement the department strategy
- Program staffing; program operations support (RCCA
investigations, Test Readiness Reviews, etc.)
- Labor Resource And Planning (LRAP)
- Set goals and providing feedback
- Leadership development and knowledge retention
- Manage indirect, NCTA and capital budgets
- Improve and enforce engineering processes and product
- Promote metrics-based management across the organization
- Lead affordability initiatives and review and support proposals
and program milestones presentations for thermal systemsBasic
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
(STEM) discipline plus 9 years of engineering experience.
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
- Experience leading projects and/or teams.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an SCI security clearance.
- Master's Degree in STEM (Science Technology Engineering or
- Prior functional management experience in a position
responsible for staffing, processes and/or products
- Broad understanding of Space Systems programs
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Proven strong communications and leadership skills in a team
- Understanding and practical experience of TPCS Thermal
- Active Top Secret and/or SCI Clearance Salary Range: $171,000
USD - $256,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Aurora , Sr Principal Engineer Systems - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Supportability, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!