Posted on: June 20, 2022
Description Job Description:Leidos is looking for a System
Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled
Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology. We are using Behavior Driven
Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite
of team collaboration tools. Program execution follows DEVOPS best
practices and employs robust development, test, and production
environments. The program provides system engineering, development,
test, integration, and operational support to a large, fast-paced
program, and is developing infusing new technology and adding
advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going
mission and operational system.Job DescriptionSystem Engineer is
needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex
system with exacting interface, performance, and security
requirements. The selected candidate will provide system
engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas:
architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data
flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for
the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system
architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will
provide systems engineering expertise and develop system
architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities
include supporting system development and implementation planning
through assessment of system engineering plans and system
integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of
system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity
and performance planning and will perform engineering activities,
including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a
variety of system related issues and concerns. He/she will help
define task success criteria and test procedures.Primary Roles and
- The selected candidate will support system engineering of
large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems
that are part of a large complex network environment with
geographically distributed components.
- He/she will interface with program management, system and
software integration engineers, test engineers, information
assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile
- He/she will be responsible for supporting system engineering
practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is
applied to all assigned tasks.
- The selected individual will be responsible for communicating
with and effectively collaborating with internal technical
professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer
organizations when necessary.
- The systems engineer will actively participate in program
increment (PI) planning and related agile team activities. Basic
- Bachelors Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management,
or a related field and at least four (4) years of related
experience or a masters degree and two (2) to six (6) years of
prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted
for a Degree.
- At least two (2) years of experience designing and developing
large integrated classified systems.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
to considered for this role.
- Must have requirements verification traceability
- Must have experience analyzing user requirements, system
architecture, and/or system requirements specifications.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems
engineering and development.
- Must have experience with UML/SysML.
- Must have some software development or shell scripting
experience, software detailed design experience, and
software/system testing experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience in several of the following
areas: system architecture, design, and development, requirements
analysis, data flow design/analysis, network design/implementation,
testing, technical system documentation.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components
simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in
support of agile teams.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and
communicate clearly regarding technical options and
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both
independently and with a team in a fast-moving
- Experience using CAMEO a plus.
- Model based systems engineering experience a plus.
- Experience writing and executing tests and/or Automated Testing
- COMSEC experience.
- Risk Management/Risk Register experience a plus.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology
or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience with technical documentation development.
- Past Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) or Test-Driven
Development (TDD) experience a strong
plus.Careers.leidos.com/CONMDCSSKEYCONMDPay Range:Pay Range
$74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00The Leidos pay range for this
job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.#FeaturedjobRequired
Keywords: Leidos, Aurora , Systems Engineer, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!