Asphalt Patch Crew: Roller Operator
Company: Brannan Sand & Gravel
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Asphalt Patch Crew: Roller OperatorLocation: Denver, COSalary
Interval: HourlyApplication Instructions Please apply by clicking
the Green "Apply Now" button abovePosition Description Division:
Brannan Sand + GravelPosition: Asphalt Patch Crew Roller
OperatorReports To: Patch Crew Foreman/Patch Crew
SuperintendentFLSA Status: Full TimeLocation: Various Denver Metro
LocationsPosition Summary:The Asphalt Patching Roller Operator will
be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the asphalt
roller. The operator must have experience operating small to medium
asphalt rollers. Must help crew complete labor operations when not
operating roller. Includes but not limited to sweeping, shoveling
and raking.General Responsibilities:
- Perform roller pre-check including all fluid levels per
checklist before starting. Inform patch superintendent or foreman
of any issues immediately for documentation and correction.
- Walk the site prior to paving to identify and correct all
potential jobsite hazards. Identify concerns and any impediments to
the paving plan. Check existing conditions for pre-existing damage
such as that to curb and gutters, cross pans, edges, etc.
- Participate in daily huddle.
- Work with Q.C. / Q.A. to establish roller pattern. Maintain
roller pattern once established unless it needs modified to achieve
specified densities. Confirm specified densities are being achieved
with Q.C. / Q. A. throughout the day.
- Walk job behind finish roller to check for good quality and
correct any deficiencies while mat is still hot.
- Communicate any issues, concerns or problems to patching
foreman throughout the shift.
- Assist patch crew with quality control corrections while mat is
still hot and cleanup between trucks or during breaks in
- Check all manholes and water valves after paving to ensure they
are turned up to proper grade and properly cleaned during that
- Clean up roller and job at the end of the shift.
- Ensure the roller's water systems are properly drained at the
end of shift in cold weather to protect from freezing.
- Show up to work every day, and on time every day
- No use of cell phone during the work shift Benefits:
- Group Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- 401k Savings Plans
- Voluntary Group Term Life
- Legal Shield/ID Shield
- Canvas Credit Union
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid weeklyHourly Pay Range: $19.00 - $23.00Sign on bonus:
$1,000 The specific statements shown in each section of this
description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully
perform the job. PM22Position Requirements Qualifications:
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends if or when
- Report to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to
begin work at the designated start time
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures!!
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, we comply with federal
- Standing - 8 to 10 hours daily
- Walking - 8 to 10 hours daily
- Bending/Stooping - 8 to 10 hours daily
- Repetitive Movement (shoveling/sweeping) - 8 to 10 hours
- Lifting (weights up to 100 lbs.) - Occasionally
- Lift and Carry (50/60 lbs. for 20 feet) - Regularly
- Push / Pull - 8 to 10 hours dailyEqual Opportunity Employer
Brannan Companies allows for Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Brannan Sand & Gravel, Aurora , Asphalt Patch Crew: Roller Operator, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!