Mail Room Clerk (Security Clearance)
Company: Synergy America
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are currently seeking a Mail Room Clerk (with Security
Clearance) for a yearlong contract position (with possible of 2more
option years) in Aurora, CO. - -The professionals will provide
on-site mail services to Client. - -The individuals will be tasked
with processing incoming/outgoing mail; administrative
communications; operating the customer services window; delivering
mail to the dorms, assigning dorm mailboxes and general delivery
boxes as well as securing all accountable mail. - -Veterans are
strongly encouraged to apply. - -Skills required for Mail Room
Clerk: - - - - - - -Must have Security Clearance
- High school education or GED equivalent with emphasis in
English, communications, and business courses. - -College level
courses are a plus.
- A valid driver's license with clean driving record is
- One year of mailroom operations experience, or full-time
clerical work experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational, observation skills and attention to
detail are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications or other similar
software applications is preferred.
- Daily mail consists of approximately 200 lbs. per day and is a
combination of packages and letters.Physical Requirements. - -Must
be able to:
- Stand and or walk for long periods of time while sorting mail /
- Regular and recurring lifting of moderately heavy material
(over 25 pounds with assistance) is required.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 70 pounds with assistance is
- Work is usually performed in a mailroom setting with several
hazards associated with the mail. -Responsibilities for Mail Room
- Processing Incoming/Outgoing Mail: - Will be responsible for
sorting and distributing incoming mail into organizational
mailboxes. - This includes notifying organizations to retrieve
their mail if organizational mailboxes are not checked
- Mail Delivery: - The Contractor will not be responsible to
deliver mail to any organization on client; however, the Contractor
will deliver mail to the on-base dorms. The Contractor will provide
their own vehicle for mail delivery.
- Customer Services: -Will work with the unit Activity
Distribution Officers (ADOs) on a daily basis for all questions and
concerns. - Will refer all questionable mail to the ADO for
official or nonofficial determination. - Will provide assistance to
customers on policies and procedures concerning all services and
programs. - Additionally, mail will be sent at the lowest rates
- Package Delivery Cost Comparisons: -Will assist customers in
determining the most cost-effective method for delivery services. -
- Shall use the most economical means when sending out items and
must consolidate mail when possible. - All mail must be sent via
United States Postal Service (USPS) channels (exception: packages
can be sent via small package carriers if coordinated through 460
LRS). - Will notify the OMM when the descending balance on the
meter machine is $5,000 or less.
- Mail Referral Service: - Will provide referral/directory
service for all mail incorrectly addressed including those sent to
individuals without a functional address symbol. - Will utilize the
Global Address Book located in Microsoft Outlook to validate
addressee's office symbol. -
- Mailbox Assignment: - Will maintain and provide keys or
combinations for assigned mailboxes located in the Office Mail
Center (OMC) and dormitories and will provide general delivery
services to newly assigned personnel. - Will report to the Office
Mail Manager (OMM) any maintenance issues or requested repairs on
mail receptacles as applicable.
- Accountable Mail: - Will assist the OMM with obtaining
appointment letters annually from the organizations designating
ADOs authorized to sign for accountable mail.
- Records Management: - Will maintain electronic records for all
accountable mail, including certified receipts, certified and
registered logs, Firm Delivery Receipt to establish a chain of
custody. - - Will scan all paper files into the electronic records.
Undeliverable accountable mail shall be stored in a secured
container or safe. Safe maintenance will be the responsibility of
- Safeguarding Mail: - Will safeguard and protect all mail and
administrative communications in accordance with regulations. -
Will secure undelivered certified, registered, and Express Mail;
items shipped through the General Services Administration's
overnight contract carrier; items bearing DoD accountable container
numbers; and similar items in a government provided container
approved for storing SECRET material.
- Anti-Terrorism Measures: - Will scan all incoming
packages/letter trays utilizing the x-ray scanning method with
government provided equipment. - Will process all items received
from mail curriers. - Items received from curriers include incoming
letters and packages from package carriers. All USPS Certified,
USPS Registered, USPS Priority Mail, FedEx Express and UPS Express
will be treated as Accountable Mail and handled accordingly. Will
ensure all letters and packages have been scanned prior to release
- Suspicious Packages: - Will be familiar with the OMC General
Security Plan and will handle suspicious packages in accordance
with the established guidelines. The General Security Plan will be
exercised quarterly. - -
Keywords: Synergy America, Aurora , Mail Room Clerk (Security Clearance), Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!