Company: South Suburban Park & Recreation
Posted on: May 15, 2022
$13.00 - $16.80 per hour
FREE Lifeguard Training Course for ALL qualified candidates!
Daytime Lifeguards Needed! We are looking for candidates that are
available to work varied hours between 5:30 am to 4:00 pm on a
consistent basis! Free training certification with commitment.
Weekend and Evening Lifeguards Needed! We offer reimbursement of
course fees (excluding $40 certification fee) after completing 75
hours of work.
Looking for a fun and meaningful gig? Do you have a passion for
aquatics? This is for you! We are looking for high-energy
applicants to fill various lifeguarding shifts. Lifeguards will be
working in a fast-paced environment and will help to oversee our
recreational and lap pools, both indoor and out. Each member of our
Lifeguard team is responsible for providing excellent customer
service while supervising the aquatics area to prevent accidents,
assist swimmers, and respond to emergencies. The ideal candidates
will create a safe, positive and enjoyable environment that
promotes swim safety. We are currently looking for all hours of
operation: mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
If you are not currently a certified lifeguard we can train you! To
be placed on a lifeguarding course interest list or to find out all
the details on lifeguarding please copy and paste the link:
Our Ideal Candidate
* Will have previous aquatics/lifeguarding experience.
* Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
* Will be able to communicate effectively with the public and other
* Can work independently.
* Has the ability to swim to safety with a full-grown adult and
remain calm in emergencies.
* Can follow and enforce all pool standards and rules.
* Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
* Must be fifteen (15) years of age at the time of application.
* Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding at time
* Must be available to work a minimum of 10-15 hours a week fall,
winter, and spring 15-20 hours a week during summer.
* Must successfully pass the District Water tests.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the
Employee Benefits & Perks at South Suburban
* FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
* Paid sick leave
* Opportunities for training and promotion from within
* Flexible schedules
* To view a complete listing of the District's most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing
recreational services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions
of Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four
full-service recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and
restaurants, two ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX
track, a sports dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a
hotel and a nature center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800
acres of developed and open space land, including 119 multi-purpose
athletic fields, more than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60
playgrounds, 56 tennis courts, and the 880-acre South Platte
Keywords: South Suburban Park & Recreation, Aurora , Lifeguard, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!