Catering Supervisor - Winter Season
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: January 12, 2022
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:Opened in January of 1940, Winter
Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the
United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver,
which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter
Parks traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the
early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our
mission is to create the best memories, again and again, for our
guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic
partners.Headquartered in Denver, Colorado,Alterra Mountain
Companyis a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations,
including the worlds largest heli-ski operation. The company owns
and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate
development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered
in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are
rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for
outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Companys family of diverse
playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces:
Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine
Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain
Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West
Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer
Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British
Columbia. We honor each destinations unique character and
authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring
memories they bring to everyone together.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Plans, organizes, and directs the operations for catered events
at Winter Park Resort with the Food and Beverage Sales
- Strives for a result- efficient, profitable, and professional
- Works with Sales Manager on the negotiation of contracts and
makes sure that all guest expectations are met and exceeded.
- Once contracts are made the Catering foreman is the contact for
the guest and is responsible for responding to all needs and keeps
records of all changes.
- Every attempt to please the guest will be made.
- Ensures high guest satisfaction for all catered events.
- Coordinates an efficient flow of for all special events.
- Cooperates with the accounting department in billing, charging,
collecting, and reporting all revenues within the catering
- Communicates with the culinary staff on a daily basis to ensure
that everyone is aware of the guests specific desires.
- Updates Special Events book and calendar on a daily basis,
making sure that upcoming events are properly scheduled.
- For all events the Catering foreman is responsible for finding
staff and scheduling them accordingly.
- Coordinate and/or delegate responsibility for the completion of
any preparation necessary to host an event. These responsibilities
- Preparing menus
- Ordering and preparing food and materials
- Consulting and working with other departments
- For all events the Catering foreman supervises all FOH staff
and ensures that staff has job assignments and are prepared,
professional, and efficient.
- For all events the Catering foreman works in conjunction with
the Chef to ensure all BOH staff has job assignments, is prepared,
professional and efficient and that the food is a quality product,
served on time according to standard.
- Make sure any event is completed efficiently and equipment is
properly cleaned and returned to its proper place.
- Ensure the profitability of special events by controlling labor
and food costs.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding any catered event
- Maintain work area, keep catering closets clean and
- Selects and develops Banquet personnel and key staff in each of
our outlets that will be able to complete a successful event in
accordance with our goals and standards.
- Attends to other duties assigned
- Help maintain the daily operation of the Food Service
- Be sure plenty of linen tablecloths and napkins are ordered and
available for use.
- Consistently check for guest satisfaction.
- Inform management of any potential problems with guests or
- Assist management in maintaining high employee morale.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude.
- Report and fix any unsafe or unsanitary working conditionsThis
job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and
is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and
expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the
responsibilities of this position may change.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED requiredExperience:
- One year supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum two years of food service experience in large volume
catering and banquets preferred.QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL
AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer
- TIPS certified
- Valid Colorado Drivers License ad clean motor vehicle record
- Working knowledge of local liquor and health codes
- Good working knowledge of kitchen and bar industry
requiredPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:This position may
be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.FOOD SERVICE
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8
hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not
limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functionsWAGEThe base hourly pay range below represents
the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for
this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the
range based on various factors including but not limited to
experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity
or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or
necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter
Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other
rewards may include many region-specific benefits.hourly pay range:
$18.00OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:This position description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described
above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the
responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates
associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change,
this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept
new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also
be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a
positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its
associated lines of business.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:Winter
Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to
the principles of equalemployment opportunity in any term,
condition, or privilege of employment.We do not discriminate
against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex,
color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by
state or local law.Winter Park Resort will make reasonable
accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park
Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including
selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination,
and access to benefits and training.This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in
this position. I understand that this document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Aurora , Catering Supervisor - Winter Season, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!