Asset Protection Specialist
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About this PositionAbout CarvanaIf you like disrupting the norm
and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then
you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience.
Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to
make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!We are
looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of
impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we
let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big
swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data-
and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of
our stories! We've been changing the game since 2013, and we're not
taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out
our background here.YouTube VideoAbout the team and positionAs an
Asset Protection Associate, you will be an integral part of the
Safe and Secure Team executing programs and processes at our
facility to ensure our associates and assets are protected. Your
daily duties will vary depending upon your assignment. At our
gates, you will be the face of Carvana to our associates, our
vendors, and our visitors. You will ensure proper protocol is
followed with egress and digress procedures. You will be well
versed in emergency procedures and will be able to provide
assistance when needed. You will play an active role in ensuring
our Inventory Control procedures are adhered to. You will be adept
at utilizing Carvana technology to ensure RFID scans are completed.
You will interact with our Inspection Center and Logistics Team in
documenting vehicle destinations and locations. You will support
vehicle location research when necessary and provide key details to
the Asset Protection Manager to assist in any investigation. This
position is hourly and reports to the Asset Protection Manager.What
you'll be doing:
- Execute the facility Post Orders at the entrance/exits. These
Post Orders articulate processes to follow when allowing access and
exit from the Carvana Facility/Lot. This will include daily
interaction with facility leadership to ensure necessary
documentation is provided, such as associate schedules, driver
appointments, vendor appointments, and visitor appointments.
Utilization of technology to document security transactions and
incidents will be critical to success.
- Utilize RFID technology and other Carvana technology to ensure
all incoming and outgoing vehicles are scanned and accounted for.
Log appropriate information in Carvana Systems to ensure vehicles
going offsite to vendor locations are appropriately
- At the direction of the Asset Protection Manager, complete
research of "exception" vehicles that are not accounted for in
daily scan process. Coordinate with Inventory Control Associates
vehicle research steps to ensure the efficiency of the
- Utilize CCTV and other Safe and Secure Technology to monitor
activity at your location. Ensure actions are in accordance with
Carvana policies. Immediately report any issues that could be
potentially unsafe or mitigate physical security protocol. When
directed, be a part of the solution to resolve the issue.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Asset Protection
- Annual Theft Loss versus Accrual rate
- WC and GL Claims vs. Plan
- Vehicle Exception Tracking PerformanceWhat you should know
- 1-2 years of experience within Asset Protection Or Loss
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of strong decision-making in a complex
- Ability to relate well with others and establish strong working
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple tasks in a
fast-paced work environment
- Ability to handle conflict situations in a positive wayWhat
we'll offer in return
- Full-Time hourly position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts
on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both
physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your
knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the
country.Other requirementsTo be able to do your job at Carvana,
there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.Of
course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.Legal
stuffHiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.Carvana is an equal
employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.Please note this job
description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Carvana, Aurora , Asset Protection Specialist, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!