Software Development Engineer: Operating Systems- open to remote work
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and
every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya
Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what's next for the
future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver
game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions
and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized,
intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to
help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we
are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences
that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Avaya’s Solutions & Technology – R&D division delivers cloud
ready, multi-modal communication products and services. This
position is integral to that effort focusing on platform
development for these products and services. You’ll be joining a
group of very talented engineers operating in Agile/Scrum/DevOps
methodologies. Each and every day your work will be directed toward
solutions that our customers use for business critical functions.
To be successful in this role you will be technically excellent,
results oriented, an excellent communicator and self-directed.
- Develop and test features and capabilities of Infrastructure as
a Service (IaaS) communication platforms.
- Part of the team responsible for the real time performance
aspects of the platforms, including high availability and error
- Develop code, deliver code and evaluate third party software
- Contribute code and automated tests to a continuous development
- Create highly secure and efficient software that provides
excellent install ability, serviceability and maintainability.
- Daily interactions with the Scrum Leader, Product Owner and
- Work in a highly self-directed environment where each member is
cognizant of their deliverables, customer impact and milestone
dates associated with their work
- Proven industry experience in a Software Development role.
- Experience coding in Enterprise Java (J2EE, JBoss, Tomcat,
Spring, Hibernate, etc.)/C/C++/Python/GO and the latest front-end
- Experience coding and scripting in Bash is desired.
- Proven problem solving skill is required.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency with VMware and scripting are desired.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud, MS Azure or AWS based Cloud
Architecture and migration skills are desired.
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and container
technology (Docker, Kubernetes) is desired.
- Knowledge of administration, implementation and upgrades of
Linux (RHEL) environments is desired.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively
in a team is required.
- This is a full time position at Avaya’s Thornton, Colorado
- Working remote from the location will be considered for the
highly qualified applicant.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering or closely related field.
3 years experience at the Engineer Two level or 5 – 8 years
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Master degree or equivalent experience
Avaya is an Equal Opportunity employer and a U.S. Federal
Contractor. Our commitment to equality is a core value of Avaya.
All qualified applicants and employees receive equal treatment
without consideration for race, religion, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status
as a protected veteran or any other protected characteristic. In
general, positions at Avaya require the ability to communicate and
use office technology effectively. Physical requirements may vary
by assigned work location. This job brief/description is subject to
change. Nothing in this job description restricts Avaya right to
alter the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time
for any reason. You may also review the Avaya Global Privacy
Policy, accessible at https://www.avaya.com/en/privacy/policy/ and
applicable Privacy Statement relevant to this job posting
https://www.avaya.com/en/documents/info-applicants.pdf. For Job
Postings within European GDPR Countries you can access this
document for additional Data Privacy Information:
Keywords: Avaya, Aurora , Software Development Engineer: Operating Systems- open to remote work, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!