Each year, millions of people go on leave in the United States.
Due to poor work-life balance, being passed over for promotions, a
lack of support from management, and mismanaged leave in general,
34% of them won't return to work.
Managing leave at scale is difficult and if managed poorly, it
can lead to a bad experience for employees, managers, and HR. We're
fixing that, and we need your help.
TiLT is looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to help build
and scale backend our infrastructure while shipping high-quality
products. Working alongside our CTO and product teams, you'll have
an opportunity to lead the design and development of new features,
contribute to the platform that powers TiLT's leave management
product, and ultimately shape our growing engineering culture.
What success looks like:
- Help define the future of and contribute directly to TiLT's
core platform and infrastructure.
- Partner with Product & Design teams to inform the UI/UX of our
frontend web applications.
- Build the next generation of TiLT's data ingestion and payment
- Collaborate with our CTO to help drive the development of our
private API service feature.
- Contribute to the improvement of our customer onboarding
- Borrow from your experience to help us level up our team's
technology and processes as we scale and iterate rapidly.
- Be a steward of privacy by design and software quality
- Be a core member of a multidisciplinary team focused on
shipping an impactful product and features for our customers.
- Build clean, well tested, high-quality front end code.
What we're looking for:
- Ability to build high-quality software products from ideation
to ship at scale.
- Experience operating cross-functionally with Engineering,
Product, and Customer Success teams.
- Someone who can own and drive technical decisions with a
grounding in solving problems for our customers and business.
- Working knowledge of backend services and RESTful APIs.
- 3+ years of experience using Python in a production
- Experience with Django or Flask in a production
- Familiarity with Typescript, NextJS, or hosting & monitoring a
production React Application.
- Experience using a state management such as Context / Redux /
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior engineers.
- Bonus if you have FMLA, HRIS, or labor law domain
Here's how we take care of our people:
- 100% healthcare coverage for our employees
- Medical & Caregiver Leave
- 12 weeks of parental Leave
- Compassionate Leave - up to 2 weeks
- Flexible work-life balance
- Our mission is to improve the employee experience and so we
truly emphasize taking care of ours!
What we do
TiLT's tech-enabled platform manages the entire lifecycle
before, during, and after leaving to help companies retain top
talent, improve employee engagement and ultimately improve
employees' health and wellness.
Our mission is big: reimagine leave in the workplace to create a
better world. One that's better for business and better for
We're backed by top-tier investors including Rockies Venture
Club, Techstars Ventures, Matchstick Ventures and awesome angel
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected
in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all
races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities - we end
up building a better experience for everyone who uses TiLT.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in
order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your
lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business,
startups, or any other aspect of our business - even if you don't
meet all the requirements - let us know, and we'll make sure your
application gets the attention it deserves.