ELS - AMZ - Controls Specialist Technician (CST)
Company: Daifuku America Corp
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Elite Line Services is a major single source maintenance
solution in the industry with the bandwidth to service all of your
equipment maintenance needs. We maintain all original equipment
manufacturers for material handling equipment, BHS, PBB,
Facilities, GSE and vehicles. Our hybrid programs efficiently cross
utilize technicians between equipment types to provide seamless
coverage that protects the best interest of our customers. Whether
this is getting full warranty value for new parts and systems or
applying experienced and specialized technical support for mature
equipment needs, ELS has you covered.
Is responsible for ensuring that Safety comes first in all
efforts. This position will provide proper training to the
Technicians on device troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
This position will also be responsible for troubleshooting,
design/implement/document control solutions for material handling
systems, and be on call as needed. This position requires strong
project management skills, effective communication skills, be
self-directed and have the ability to multi-task and deliver
results in a dynamic environment.
- Perform Allen Bradley (AB) PLC control level issue diagnosis
using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder
code change using Rockwell RSLogix family IDE's (5000
- Familiar with AB PLC processors (CompactLogix and ControlLogix
preferred) and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non-AB
control systems such as OPTO, Crisplant and Buschman BOSS would be
- Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and
- Document control system and equipment configuration
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic,
ladder diagrams, control components - photo eyes, motor starters,
relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo
drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachometers and
- PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read and
use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards,
counters, modules and devices) and communications modules
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and
directions to help them achieve their goals.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all
levels in the organization.
- Communication between ELS and vendors such as Intelligrated,
Cognex, SICK, and Fives.
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by
management from time to time.
- 2+ years of control system working experience in Allen Bradley
PLC based controls design, development, implementation and
- Flexibility with work hours and days (24 hours a day, 7 days a
week operation including holidays)
- Position is require to be on-call, including holidays and
- Experience with email and MS Excel
- Experience in Allen Bradley (AB) PLC control level issue
diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- 2+ years of schematic and diagram reading experience on control
- Up to 10% of regional travel is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A 2 year professional electrical training degree or a 4 year BS
degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different
projects and work load
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and
verbally) with peers, management, vendors and customers.
- Self-motivated and customer-centric
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values
and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic
method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Advanced computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in
working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word,
- Proficient in installing and downloading programs.
- Troubleshooting a wide range of computer programs.
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting multiple types of
- Basic networking experience.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all
tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 -
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time
(2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below
the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products
up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency;
facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that
may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending
ladders, stairs, etc.)
Works in a warehouse that contains moving equipment and
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or
medical condition. If you are an individual with a disability and
would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the
employment selection process, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is reserved solely
for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility
assistance or an accommodation in the job application process.
Please do not call about the status of your job application if you
do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation.
Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an
application or non-disability related technical issues, will not
receive a response.
Keywords: Daifuku America Corp, Aurora , ELS - AMZ - Controls Specialist Technician (CST), Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!