Lab Technician II
Company: H.B. Fuller
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Lab Technician II
Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on
perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across
all industries throughout the world. While our products are
virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality
of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to
solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives provides technologically
advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential
construction industry. The company's recognized and trusted brands
are available through an extensive network of distributors and
dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
The Lab Technician II reports to the Facility Technical Manager
and has primary responsibility for performing quality checks on raw
materials, work-in-process, and finished goods; maintaining sample
retains; and keeping production informed of changes to work
instructions. Reviews expiration dates on finished goods and tests
obsolete materials to support decision on rework or extension of
Works with some direction and supervision of senior lab
technicians and the facility technical manager to:
- Execute and adhere to all EHS requirement as well as maintain
asafe work environment, and follow internal safety rules and
procedures including wearing proper PPE as appropriate.
- 40%: Perform quality checks on raw materials, work-in-process,
and finished goods; and provide timely and accurate QA information
to production and distribution, such as proper documentation and
labeling of skids that are ready to ship.
- 20%: Enter and back-up all QA data test results in database.
Complete, maintain and process all other pertinent paperwork and
- 15%: Submit daily routine batch release report and immediately
notify all affected personnel of any rejected batch/lot number
prior to shipping to customer.
- 10%: Maintain/retain inventory for raw materials and finished
- 5%: Maintain critical equipment and laboratory inventory
supplies to support uninterrupted QA lab support.
- 5%: Test obsolete (expired, damaged & returned goods), off-spec
and rejected finished goods and provide the results to the facility
technical manager (FTM) in order to minimize waste generation.
- 5%: Under the direction of the FTM. Test finished good retains
on customer product complaints and returns and provide results to
management within 48 hours. Collect time sensitive samples.
- Assist and become proactive in monthly meeting functions for
Quality, Safety, Housekeeping and waste minimization.
- Communicate all critical issues and problems concerning QA,
test equipment problems, schedule changes, and assignments to the
- Volunteer to help where needed to get the job done and enhance
- High School diploma or GED + 2 year Community college or
equivalent AA degree in chemistry or biochemistry or a minimum of
1-3 years of demonstrated success as a lab technician I with H.B.
- Ability to read and comprehend work instructions. Written
communication and math skills are necessary to perform duties.
- Ability to communicate well with all facility co-workers, and
conduct quality committee meetings.
- Familiarity with disciplined process improvement tools
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Frequent reaching, bending and moving off / on pallets
- Experience in a controlled lab environment
- Ability to cover for 2nd shift as needed
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply NowApply Later
Keywords: H.B. Fuller, Aurora , Lab Technician II, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!