Manager II-Program Management
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job ID 178127BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/04/2021 City El
Segundo State CA Country United States
Position is contract award dependent
Have you considered a career path in Program Management?
Program Management Excellence (PMX) has an exciting opportunity
as a Risk & Opportunity (R&O) Manager to join the team and work
closely with Program Managers. The R&O Manager will lead
R&O Management on a Space/Communications and Control program
within the Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) Line of
Business. The R&O Manager will work closely with the Program
Manager, Chief Engineer, and functional organizations to strengthen
best in class performance by identifying and tracking risks and
opportunities to enable flawless performance on contracts. This
position will be developmental opportunity for those interested in
progressing to a Program Leadership position and provide
experiential learning opportunities for those positions - IPT
Lead/Deputy PM/PM which may include some PMO activities and
The PMX organization provides Program Management best practices,
tools, resources, and mentoring to all Raytheon mission areas. This
organization collaboratively works with programs and multiple
functional areas to bring our customers the best in class
leadership. This organization also provides and mentors the best
talent to grow the business and prime the talent pipeline for
future leaders in Program Management.
This position will be located in Denver, CO area (Preferred) or
El Segundo, CA (Possible). Work at Raytheon site will be
Specific tasks responsibilities include:
- Cultivate cross functional collaboration/relationship
administration across Cross Business Teams (CBT) (e.g.,
Engineering, Operations, and Supply Chain), Integrated Product
Teams (IPT), Finance and functions
- Facilitate effective risk management processes and compliance
across all functions on a program.
- Developing inputs for functional tracking books, EAC's metrics,
procedures, and action items follow-up
- Supports program start up process with R&O related
- Implement Risk and Opportunity Review Board cadence to achieve
- Lead R&O workshops for the program.
- Ensuring adequate risk and opportunity handling plans are
developed and progress tracked by working with owners
- Creating and analyzing program level metrics (e.g., R&O
metrics, burn down plans, exposure charts, tracking sheets, margin
analysis, top R&Os, step tracker (handling plan
- Identify and make improvements to processes, procedures, or
tasking to enhance performance on a program.
- Ensure implementation of Program Management Excellence best
- Working with cross-functional teams to understand the root
cause of risks and defining thorough mitigation steps.
- Generates presentations, in a concise manner to be presented at
program level, Customer, & potentially at VP level
- Performing informal Risk and Opportunity assessment of
Integrated Master Schedule/Plan (IMS/IMP).
- Ensuring that IMS adequately reflects R&O
- Supporting Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis; especially with
respect to R&O identification.
- Working with Program teams to maintain the Estimate At
Completion (EAC) with respect to R&O for desktop and
comprehensive Estimate At Completion (ETC) reviews.
- Reviewing and reconciling EAC R&O status with register
- Managing risk and opportunity projects in the Risk Register
- Provide risk and opportunity training as required
- Serve as subject matter expert for Risk Management with the
- Existing Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance current; Poly may
be required after position is excepted.
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience including the
- Experience in Risk and Opportunity Management
- Demonstrated leadership skills (direct or influential)
- Demonstrated follow up/follow-thru on tasking
- Project management or systems engineering experience
- Familiar with Earned Value Management techniques
- Knowledge/experience with root cause analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity Management resources and
process or ability to learn on-line Risk and Opportunity tools
quickly with little assistance
- MS Office product experience - Powerpoint, Word, OneNote, Excel
(preferred advanced knowledge e.g. pivot tables, macros, Visual
- Experience with large Space and Command and Control
- Experience with management of geographically dispersed team
- Experience with Supplier and Subcontract Management
- Experience with program risks and opportunities related to
margin analysis on proposals and estimates to completion
- Experience with risk management tools
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Certified
- Program Management Certification
- Advanced Six Sigma Certification (e.g., CORE,R6s Expert,
Principal Specialist, Six Sigma Black belt or Master Black
- Capture Management Certification
- Experience with various types of contracts (e.g., Cost Plus,
Firm Fixed Price, Production, and Development)
- Experience with Agile/Dev/OPS Program Management
- Experience with Raytheon or COTS Risk and Opportunity
Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires a Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S.
Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the
salary range for this role is $98,700 to $187,500; however,
Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an
offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated
responsibilities, a candidate's work experience,
education/training, and key skills.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance,
short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible
spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid
time off, and holidays.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Aurora , Manager II-Program Management, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!