Company: First Transit
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Join the First Transit team
as Diesel Fleet Technician!
an Essential Business – Servicing RTD
If you're a highly skilled mechanic with a strong sense
of personal responsibility, a dedication to
excellence, and a truly positive
attitude who's looking to make a
difference in your community, apply now!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $24 - $28/HR Starting Wages based on experience and
qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation (to start), 6 paid sick
days & 2 personal days
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
As a First Transit Diesel Mechanic, You’ll Be
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit Standards of
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline,
electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis,
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Managing parts room
- Properly using of state of the art paperless maintenance
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as
Diesel Mechanic qualifications:
- Previous experience in heavy vehicle maintenance & repair
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL while
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Must be able to obtain ASE Certifications while
subject to a drug test
So, Who Are We?
We are First Transit (A Division
of FirstGroup America) – a leading
transportation provider. We move more
than 350 million passengers annually and
employ 19,500 dedicated
transit professionals in
over 300 locations worldwide. And we need
great team members like you!
Don’t Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Transit, Aurora , Diesel Mechanic, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!