DC leader responsible for the safety of all associates,
financial commitments based on IOP, security of assets within the
facility, and quality service to our customer base.
Responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the
warehouse with particular emphasis on managing warehouse associates
and implementing warehouse action plans.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of
- Provides direct daily supervision of warehouse associates to
ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the
- Develops and implements shipping and receiving work schedules
and assignments to ensure efficient operation.
- Applies sound communication and motivational techniques in
supervising, coaching and disciplining employees.
- Directs and supervises all inbound and outbound shipments to
ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion.
- Tours the warehouse regularly to answer questions, evaluate
operations and solve problems.
- Makes recommendations to the Operations Mgr on programs to
improve warehouse operations.
- Allocates equipment so that it is utilized in the most
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that a sound
maintenance program is implemented.
- Interacts with other departmental management to achieve
- Attends warehouse planning meetings.
- Ensures that all records and reports regarding warehouse
activity are prepared on a timely basis and effectively
- Reviews operating goals and standards and monitor
- Supervises checking of outgoing and incoming freight for proper
counts and codes.
- Reviews warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is
neat and well organized and that damage to product, equipment, and
the facility is prevented.
- Ensures that all safety procedures and policies are
- Operates in compliance with OSHA and other appropriate
- Maintains stock locator system.
- Ensures proper stock rotation.
- Assists in conducting physical inventories and cycle counts as
- Assists in developing and maintaining the operational budget as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- College Degree preferred
- Five years experience required; 1+ year leadership
- MHE certification is required. Trainer certification is a
- Must be familiar and experienced with Microsoft Office
applications including Excel and Word.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the
- Requires demonstrated skills in leadership, organization and
- Requires an understanding of, warehousing operations.
- Familiarity with computer systems, warehouse systems and
computerized scanning equipment is a plus.
- Emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with
tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do
not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned
on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation