Operations Manager - Quality
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Quality Operations Manager
We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class
associates, which is why we're dedicated to offering limitless
opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build
a long-lasting career with Ferguson. Together, we can continue to
lead the industry and help build our nation's infrastructure from
the ground up. Join our team today.
This position has overall responsibility and accountable for
ensuring the DC Network achieves it quality, and inventory
integrity goals. Using lean principles via managing and directing
the operations team, the Quality Operations Manager will be tasked
with creating an environment of continuous improvement by
effectively tying in the needs of the production / operating
environment into the quality aspects of consistently delivering the
right product to the right place.
This is a leadership role that supports the entire Ferguson
Distribution Network and will be expected to understand all aspects
of the operation.
As a Quality Operations Manager, you will:
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of
consistent total quality assurance programs.
- Key business partner to Industrial Business group with respect
to product integrity, quality packaging, and Material Test
- Primary business partner to eCommerce channel: Packing
equipment, packaging engineering and overall best practices
- Ownership and coordination of DC dimensional product data
- Responsible for process or procedural changes necessary for
continuous improvements related to DC operational efficiencies,
inventory accuracy, quality or enhancing overall customer
- Must manage the execution of quality standards, lean programs,
and continuous improvement activities within the DC
- Ensures compliance with current or newly created DC operational
quality assurance and inventory integrity policies and
- Implementing standard operating procedures to enhance and/or
sustain established quality standards.
- Developing and enforcing training modules for all DC team
members on standard operating procedures relative to quality and
inventory integrity compliance across all areas.
- Accountable for delivering inventory accuracy and integrity
using internal operational audits, inventory reports/analysis,
cycle counts, problem identification and ownership of resolution
that prevents and/or reduces inventory shrink.
- Planning and managing mid-year and end of year physical
inventory processes along with regular facility audits. Responsible
for the timely resolution to all inventory transactions and
discrepancies in accordance with established procedures and
- Create, improve, and consistently evaluate our approach to
aged/obsolete inventory disposition and disposal
- Assist, coordinate the supervision of our 3PL reverse logistics
partner(s) with Director of eCommerce Supply Chain
- Supervises quality team members along with overseeing other DC
and branch operations. Including branch communication in resolving
- Direct responsibility for relationships with Vendor, GSC and
Branch service area.
- Lead Distribution Center alignment to, and compliance of CTPAT
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Supply Chain, or related field
and/or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Previous distribution center experience is strongly
- 3-5 years' experience handling inventory/operational tasks
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities
- Great communication skills and the ability and desire to lead a
- A willingness to learn and being able to go the extra mile is a
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs
and products to our associates and their families-geared toward
benefits, wellness, financial protection and retirement savings.
Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match,
paid leave (vacation, sick, personal and holiday), employee
assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement
opportunities and much more!
- The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a
government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified
protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A),
which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the
basis of disability.
Keywords: Ferguson, Aurora , Operations Manager - Quality, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!