Assistant Director of Development
Company: University of Colorado
Posted on: June 8, 2021
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Department: Office of Advancement
Job Title: Assistant Director of Development
Position #725102 - Requisition #21132
- Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an
inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to
engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse
Who We Are:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public
education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students,
and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of
life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers
more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and
colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each
year. We are the single largest health professions education
provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually.
Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a
reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus
drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the
delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts
The Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time
University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of
The University of Colorado Office of Advancement at the Anschutz
Medical Campus helps move CU forward by matching benefactor
passions with university priorities and initiatives. Charged with
raising millions of dollars each year to support education,
research and clinical care, we forge relationships and foster
connections among CU's faculty, staff, students and community to
advance CU Anschutz's dual promise of delivering the best health
care in the world today while reinventing the health care of
We are a hardworking and energetic team of 50 (and growing)
fundraising, donor relations and administrative professionals, who
are positive, collaborative and benefactor-focused. We welcome you
to apply to become part of our team.
The Assistant Director of Development works to cultivate
existing and new donor relationships (i.e.: through thank you
calls, prospecting/cold calls, discovery visits, stewardship
touches, etc.) with the intent of sustaining and increasing the
relationship with donors and prospects on behalf of and in support
of the CU Anschutz Medical Campus. The donor and prospect pool is
comprised of CU Anschutz alumni, grateful patients and/or their
loved ones/families, leadership volunteers, CU Anschutz faculty and
This position develops and manages a portfolio of a minimum of
100 individual, corporate and foundation prospects capable of
making significant gifts leadership annual gifts (i.e.:
Examples of Work Performed:
- Plans and implements programs that include measurable targets
for number of personal visits and high impact contacts, proposals,
assists on others proposals and new prospects
qualified/disqualified, all approved by management.
- Works closely with CU Anschutz Medical Campus Major Gift
Officers, Internal Directors of Development, the Lead Strategist
for Philanthropic Growth, donor relations staff and appropriate
Central Office staff (i.e.: Gifting Planning, Annual Giving, etc.)
to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet
established goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of institutional
priorities, academic programs, and centers of excellence in order
to translate these assets into compelling funding opportunities and
align them with funders' interests.
- Facilitates productive relationships between donors and CU
administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of
- Works to ensure timely, accurate completion of discovery
outreach, proposals, pledges and fund agreements.
- Documents prospect strategies and contact reports, provides
personal outreach to new prospects, implements general
correspondence to solicit and steward leadership gift prospects and
cultivate major gift prospects.
- Represents the University at events in order to support the
University and cultivate donors.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed.
- Please note: up to approximately twenty percent (20%) travel
This description is a summary only and is describing the general
level of work being performed, it is not intended to be
all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to
time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or
delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the
supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been
established at $54,098 - $68,812
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be
set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the
University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of
possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your
paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave,
health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
Diversity and Equity:
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to
applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application
process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA
Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body,
faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote
a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and
understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic
minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The
University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in
education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our
faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that
goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective
- A Bachelor's degree in business, communications, public
administration, nonprofit administration, or a related field from
an accredited institution
- At least one (1) year of professional experience in a
fundraising or public relations position
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of
- A Bachelor's degree as describe above and at least three (3)
years of professional experience in a fundraising or public
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees at all levels throughout the
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance
diversity and inclusion.
Conditions of employment
- Works in a normal office environment requiring light physical
effort by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up
to 10 pounds frequently.
- Works with standard office equipment (desk, phone, fax,
personal computer, etc)
- Travel required; up to approximately twenty percent (20%).
Keywords: University of Colorado, Aurora , Assistant Director of Development, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!