Distribution Center / Warehouse Supervisor
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Join us and help us create lifelong readers!
Position: Warehouse Supervisor - Exempt - 1st Shift
Location: Aurora, CO
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools
across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that
give more than 35 million students and their families access to
thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a
lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of a Warehouse Supervisor to support
our local branch team. This full time position offers medical,
dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off
discount on Scholastic merchandise, and a 401k.
Qualified candidates will be able to support the Branch Manager
in the planning, scheduling, directing and execution of the
day-to-day warehouse activities of a branch in the Book Fair
Organization. Evaluate and asses the team to ensure adherence to
company standards and policies, and optimal performance. This
candidate will support our mission to encourage reading and promote
lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect
for all people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the recruiting and hiring process for warehouse
staff. Conduct orientation for newly hired associates, including
mentoring, through 90-day orientation period.
- Supervise, develop, and train all warehouse personnel and
maintain peak level of associate morale and motivation within
organization for maximum level of productivity and associate
- Schedule staff and maintain attendance records. Assist in Labor
Hours Tracking - Actual vs. Budget.
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, or Production Manager,
evaluate & document warehouse associates' job performances; conduct
all warehouse performance appraisals; recommend salary changes; and
set performance goals.
- Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive but
not limited to OSHA, DOT, and EEOC
- Assist Branch Manager, or Production Manager, in the use and
execution of production planning system and management of Branch
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required, College Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience with a distribution or manufacturing
- Ability to analyze, develop, initiate, and implement plans and
strategies to achieve goals.
- Strong computer skills; ability to navigate through the
internet, MS Office, and email preferred.
- Ability to utilize scanner systems effectively with minimal
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and direct
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs., push/pull up to 300 lbs., climbs
ladders without assistance. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to work over-time and weekends as needed.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills,
and ability to read.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Valid drivers license & acceptable motor vehicle report. (If
operating company vehicle -motor vehicle record check and drug
Keywords: Scholastic, Aurora , Distribution Center / Warehouse Supervisor, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!