Manager, Software Engineering Department
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job ID 178030BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Aurora
State CO Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is looking for a Software
Department Manager in Aurora, Colorado.
Life with Us
In this role, you will lead an amazing Software team that is
leading the industry in space-enabled information and Command and
Control systems solutions.
This position will be located in Aurora, Colorado. Relocation is
authorized for this position.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Lead a team of software engineers to develop demanding,
trusted, exceptional solutions to make the world a safer
- Manage a team of over 180 Software engineers including a
department staff of 20+ Software Section Managers / Technical
- Support new business capture by reviewing bids for any new
contracts, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Rough Order Of
Magnitudes (ROMs) and Non-Binding Budgetary Estimates (NBBEs)
assuring that the solution being proposed is fact / metric based,
is compliant and meets the price to win.
- Execution oversight of projects, including review and approval
of the software engineering Estimates At Completes (EACs).
- Workforce planning and the supply / development of skilled
software engineers to ensure execution success and on contract new
- Deployment and oversight of organizational initiatives.
- Responsible for data integrity, collection, analysis and
reporting of all Raytheon Corporate and RIS Software metrics.
- Support career development of the engineers within the
department, by conducting performance reviews of department staff;
assessing / assigning performance ratings; generating / reviewing
achievement awards; merit and promotion planning for their Software
- Generation of status reports detailing software highlights and
key employee accomplishments.
- Overseeing of approved software department overhead expenses
including employee training, travel, relocation, morale events and
computer / mobile assets.
- Leverage new technologies, methodologies, tools and processes
used in industry to ensure their department increases efficiency,
software quality and keeps Raytheon competitive.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with an existing U.S. Government TS/SCI
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or
other relevant technical discipline. Desired a Master's Degree in
Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other relevant technical
- 12+ progressive years of software development and/or software
- 4+ progressive of experience as a Section / Line Manager or
Integrated Product Team Lead.
- Experience managing a team of leaders
- Experience with EVM and preparing software metrics
- "Change agent" leadership skills; ability to make decisions,
effectively delegate tasks and meet challenging deadlines
- Experience working on proposals including a demonstrated
ability to prepare metric / fact based cost estimates, delivery
schedules, and technical solutions to meet the price to win.
- Experience developing Basis Of Estimates (BOEs).
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Ability to guide a large group of engineers (100+).
- Ability to develop, train and mentor department staff.
- Current in the technologies, methodologies, processes and tools
used in the software industry with a demonstrated track record of
deploying these on programs.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
It Would Be Great if You Also Had:
- Experience working on a development program using an Agile /
Scrum methodologies and DevSecOps pipeline concepts.
- Experience working with both local and remote teams.
- Experience with large-scale satellite software development
- Experience bidding and oversight of Firm Fixed Price (FFP)
- Certified Basis of Estimate (BOE) developer and / or
- Experience dealing with Information Assurance and Cyber
- Experience developing web-based systems using a Service
Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Cloud computing.
What We can Offer You:
- A company that is committed to fostering mentorship and career
development for their team members
- Ability to work with professionals around the country who
thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its
- The ability to continue your career in a challenging and
- Flexible work hours that will allow you to balance qualify work
and your personal life.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term
disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending
accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off,
"In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the
salary range for this role is $133,400 to $240,000; however,
Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an
offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated
responsibilities, a candidate's work experience,
education/training, and key skills."
#WeAreRIS #EngineerJobs #EngineeringCareers
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Aurora , Manager, Software Engineering Department, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!