University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Laboratory Coordinator I
Sim/Tech Laboratory Coordinator
Position #00644708 - Requisition #20974
- Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks
individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive
learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage
effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse
The School of Dental Medicine has an opening for a full-time
classified Sim/Tech Laboratory Coordinator position.
Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical
and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class
medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science,
medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly
rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives
over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single
largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding
nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning
faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic
excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from
the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled
patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the management of
the Simulation Clinic and Technique Laboratory in support of the
student users of these facilities. This position will troubleshoot
lab equipment and instructional technology equipment in these
facilities, order supplies, stock and maintain inventory of
disposable and durable items, interacting with outside vendors
regarding purchase and refurbishment of items in the program. This
position will also issue, replace, and collect materials and
instruments to/from students as needed using automated dispensary
and inventory control procedures. In addition, this position will
develop strategies to assure student participation with maintaining
a clean and organized working environment, assist in the management
of School of Dental Medicine Instrument Lease program, maintain and
expand program duties to include the inventory, distribution,
monitoring of instruments utilized by students in the simulation
clinic and technique lab areas of the school.
Examples of Work Performed:
Sim/Tech Lab Support - 70%
- Assist in the management of the Simulation Clinic and Technique
Lab by assisting the undergraduate and international students in
all areas of the lab. Oversee the students that are using the lab
equipment, instruments and materials properly. Will be a resource
when students have questions regarding dental lab procedures. Draft
procedures manuals for use by the students when using the
Simulation Clinic and Technique Lab. Monitor students who are lab
monitors working in the Simulation clinic and Technique Lab.
- Prioritizes and organizes the flow of the Simulation Lab to
meet the needs of the students.
- Decides on orders and maintains supplies on a day-to-day basis
needed for operation of the laboratory.
- Makes recommendations to the Health Care Manager in charge of
all labs in ways to improve the Simulation Clinic or Technique Lab
as far as equipment, materials, etc.
- Oversees the students that are using the lab equipment,
instruments and materials properly, and be a resource when
- Monitors both the Simulation Clinic and Technique Lab when
classes are being held and supports students in both areas
- Monitors students who are lab monitors working in the
Simulation clinic and Technique Lab.
- Maintains adequate materials and supplies for student use in
the lab while classes are being conducted.
- Troubleshoots all areas of the Simulation Clinic when in use by
students and faculty. Communicates with the student and the
covering faculty member to resolve the problem.
- Drafts procedures manuals for use by the students when using
the Simulation Clinic and Technique Lab
Instrument Lease Program - 25%
- Assist in the management of the School of Dental Medicine
Instrument Lease program. Assist in maintaining and expansion
program duties to include the inventory, distribution, monitoring
of instruments utilized by students in the clinic, simulation
clinic and technique lab areas of the school. Monitor the receipt
and unpacking of shipments, correctness of orders, maintaining of
inventory and shelf life of all instruments. Interact with outside
vendors regarding purchase and refurbishment of items in the
- Assists in maintaining and monitoring ordering, inventory of
all instruments for School of Dental Medicine.
- Makes recommendations to the Health Care Director in charge of
all labs in ways to improve Instrument Management Program.
- Provides and prioritizes instrument repair and replacement in a
- Communicates with faculty, staff and students about instrument
- Maintains strict accountability of the instrumentation given to
the undergraduate and international student in support of the
simulation and technique lab courses.
- Numerous instruments in the instrument lease program are
specifically designed for the SODM thus purchasing delays are
- Assists in maintaining and expansion program duties to include
the inventory, distribution, monitoring of instruments utilized by
students in the clinic, simulation clinic and technique lab areas
of the school.
- Monitors the receipt and unpacking of shipments, correctness of
orders, maintaining of inventory and shelf life of all
- Interacts with outside vendors regarding purchase and
refurbishment of items in the program.
Laboratory Equipment Maintenance - 5%
- Assist in the maintenance of laboratory equipment by monitoring
lab for equipment failure or problems, diagnosing problem areas and
contacting the appropriate staff, vendor or campus dept. to replace
or repair. Follow proper techniques and safety precautions.
- Determine when the equipment preventive maintenance program
needs to be done and when the equipment needs to be replaced.
- Ensuring that all undergraduate and international students are
using the equipment properly and not causing damage.
- On occasion, this position may be assigned other duties needed
to help drive to the vision, fulfill the mission, and uphold the
organizational values of CU Denver/Anschutz and the SDM.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been
established at $3,843 - $4,238 / monthly.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the
University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of
possible compensation at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package.
Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility,
is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our
faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that
goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body,
faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote
a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and
understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic
minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The
University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in
education and employment.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You
may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail
addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring
Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting
both on and off-list references.
Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments
Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon
request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment.
To request an accommodation, please contact by phone or email at
least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to
evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be
asked to provide additional information, including medical
documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of
accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information
available well in advance of the assessment date.
- Two years of laboratory experience supporting a dental
laboratory or dental office
- Appropriate education may substitute for experience on a
- Experience cleaning and maintaining laboratories and lab
- Experience working in a teaching lab or simulation
- Experience working with dental educational programs
- Experience utilizing electronic software, such as MS Word and
Excel, to develop, edit and update reports.
- Experience purchasing, tracking and maintaining lab supplies
- Experience providing assistance to lab staff, faculty and
students within a higher education and/or medical education
- Knowledge of dental terminology, current dental materials,
tools and instruments
Knowlege, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current dental materials, tools and
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple work requests
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees at all levels throughout the
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance
diversity and inclusion