Senior Professional Research Assistant/Clinical Research Nurse
Company: University of Colorado
Posted on: June 8, 2021
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Senior Professional Research Assistant/Clinical Research
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an
inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to
engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse
Nature of Work
The Department of Family Medicine (DFM) is part of the
University of Colorado's School of Medicine with missions of
patient care, medical education, research, and community
engagement. The Senior Professional Research Assistant (Senior PRA)
provides a wide range of support to promote successful research for
projects affiliated with the Department of Family Medicine. Under
the general direction of the Principal Investigators (PIs), the
clinical senior professional research assistant is responsible for
providing organizational, administrative and clinical assistance
for multiple research studies involving clinical trials.
This is currently a 50% position.
Clinical Research/Diabetes Research
Work to be Performed
- Complete and maintain all regulatory requirements such as, but
not limited to IRB, Oncore builds, regulatory binders, SOPs
- Perform all aspects of patient consenting, including
administering questionnaires, communicating with study participants
and/or family members in a timely manner to explain the study, set
up visits and conduct interviews to collect data.
- Responsible for visit scheduling, preparation and breakdown,
including setting up supplies and documents, collecting blood and
urine specimens and processing according to protocols, performing
procedures as needed including assessing height, weight, vital
signs, and phlebotomy.
- Download medical devices, including insulin pumps, bionic
pancreas, continuous glucose monitors, glucose meters and ketone
meters and processing the data.
- Coordinate with vendors for supplies, equipment, offsite
storage of samples and data, including submitting subject/vendor
payments and purchase orders in conjunction with the DFM's research
- Conduct routine maintenance on equipment, logging
refrigerator/freezer temperatures, scheduling equipment
inspections, maintaining inventory of equipment and communicating
with PIs regarding inspections and receipt of new or disposal of
- Maintain inventory of all materials and order supplies as
- Maintain confidential patient files, including study-specific
medical records, and following up with laboratories and patients to
ensure complete records.
- Facilitate document management, including maintaining documents
and any grant reporting and IRB related requirements. Ensures
adherence to protocols.
- Collecting, maintaining and entering data, database
maintenance, and preparation for analysis.
- Maintain communication and relationships with the various
- Assist with compiling information, creating data reports,
interpreting data, and designing, writing, producing, and
disseminating study reports.
- Coordinate and track manuscripts; edit and co-author papers and
- Provide administrative support to Principal Investigators and
other duties as assigned.
The Senior PRA will receive direction from the Principal
Investigators at the University of Colorado.
The position may oversee graduate students or student workers,
as well as other PRAs.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position is $30,000-40,000 (for .50
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been
established at $30,000 to $40,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the
University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of
possible compensation at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package.
Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility,
is located at Employee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our
faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that
goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that
verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new
employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats
of this ad are available upon request for persons with
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck.
The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans
and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body,
faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote
a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and
understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic
minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The
University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in
education and employment.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, or equivalent Registered
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Experience in an academic, healthcare, community organization,
or other environment with an emphasis on regular interactions
in-person, by phone, and email with people.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel,
Outlook, and PowerPoint), Acrobat, and database management tools
(such as REDCap or Qualtrics).
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of
- Master's degree in Public Health, Healthcare, Nursing,
Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or related field.
- Knowledge of diabetes issues.
- Experience working on clinical trials.
- Experience working with Epic.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and to track and
maintain deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn new skills, synthesize and apply knowledge
from diverse disciplines and analyze, develop and implement
improvements to work processes.
- Ability to speak in a clear, professional manner using
appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency with written communication, including
the ability to write clear and effective reports and
correspondences in a timely fashion.
- Strong listening skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within a team and
with others at all levels of various organizations.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and
- Comfortable working with diverse people with competing demands
in busy organizations and communities.
- Sensitivity to individual needs and cultural differences.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance
diversity and inclusion.
- Strong decision-making skills, utilizing established protocols
to inform actions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate
discretion with information.
- Demonstrated ability to perform health screenings including
- Demonstrated cultural humility and commitment to minimizing
implicit bias in research and clinical care.
Keywords: University of Colorado, Aurora , Senior Professional Research Assistant/Clinical Research Nurse, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!