Cross Dock Driver
Company: LKQ Corp
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Essential Job Duties:
Drives truck to transfer product between locations, wholesaler
and drop box locations in outlying markets. Transportation of
product is usually made over long distances via interstate,
crossing state lines. Driver may operate within state lines but
product continues to travel outside state lines once delivered to
Picks up truck at the warehouse/cross dock and may load truck
according to safety standards and to ensure product integrity.
Verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other
paperwork associated with the delivery.
Drives to the destination and physically unloads the truck,
verifies parts unloaded, obtains signature of receiving location
confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those
received, and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the
Makes proper notations on the manifest or provides credit memos
on parts being returned to the locations, wholesalers and drop
Picks up stock purchase orders or buy out purchase orders from
vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and bring parts back to
Maintains all DOT driver logs of hours and related records.
Goes through check in process when returning to the location to
verify parts and paperwork.
May turn in all paperwork to the Accounting Department after
Complies with established company policies and procedures.
Initiate and support the continual improvement of Keystone
Automotive Industries' quality improvement system.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education,
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
Education & Experience:
- One year of commercial driving and warehouse related
experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties,
nature of work performed, procedures and work methods.
- Accredited commercial driving school certificate can be
substituted for experience.
- Forklift certified, beneficial.
- Must be fully DOT qualified, possess a valid driver's license
with the proper endorsement for driving a commercial vehicle of at
least 10,001 lbs or greater, and have an acceptable driving
- Must meet the Department of Transportation's testing and
- Must be at least 21 years of age or meet the state minimum age
requirement to operate a commercial vehicle.
Must be able to apply knowledge of commercial driving
and area roads.
Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work
Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including
Must be familiar with the company's products, and warehouse
methods, techniques and procedures.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT:
- Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, tow motor, pull cart,
ladder, Company vehicle, personal computer and telephone.
- This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their
feet except when operating machinery, or Company vehicle.
- Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid
- They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push,
pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds
- They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand
heights of more than 15 feet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office
- Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels, and
occasional inclement driving conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some
college coursework is desired.
Decision Making Examples:
- Ensure truck is always operated in a safe manner
- Ensure safety of loading and unloading truck
- Verifies condition of truck, assess for any needed repairs
Keywords: LKQ Corp, Aurora , Cross Dock Driver, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!