Company: University of Colorado
Posted on: June 8, 2021
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Department: Colorado School of Public Health
Job Title: Business Manager
Position #773120 - Requisition #21185
- Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an
inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to
engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse
Who We Are:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public
education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students,
and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of
life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers
more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and
colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each
year. We are the single largest health professions education
provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually.
Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a
reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus
drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the
delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts
The Colorado School of Public Health has an opening for a
full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Manager
The Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH) is a unique
and collaborative graduate school that combines the collective
expertise of three Colorado universities: the University of
Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) in Aurora, Colorado
State University (CSU) in Fort Collins, and the University of
Northern Colorado (UNC) in Greeley, Colorado. The Colorado School
of Public Health is the only accredited school of public health in
the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students
from across the country, and providing a vital contribution towards
ensuring our region's health and wellbeing. The school's faculty,
staff, and students work together to reach underserved populations,
share knowledge, and conduct innovative research and community
service to actively address public health issues including chronic
disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging
infectious diseases, costly injuries, and more.
Diversity is a core value in the Colorado School of Public
Health. We believe that it is imperative to build and sustain an
inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all
students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member on our team
enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to
understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to
discover, design and deliver solutions.
As the School of Public Health located within the University of
Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus, we are committed to
diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence in education and
employment, by recruiting and supporting a diverse student body,
faculty, and administrative staff. We strive to promote a culture
of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding; and
encourage applications from, racial and ethnic groups, persons with
disabilities, and veterans, ensuring a safe and secure environment
for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
The Colorado School of Public Health is seeking a skilled and
flexible individual to join our team as the Business Manager. The
Business Manager is an advanced, expert-level position that
provides leadership and expertise in the development and
administration of business operations and business management,
including the implementation of organizational operations and
business procedures. This position is responsible for the
management and independent oversight of the daily operations of the
Dean's Suite to ensure the Dean and School's mission, vision,
strategy, and goals are continually met. This includes
comprehensive administrative, and programs support to the
ColoradoSPH Dean and strategic oversight of School-wide project
management. This position provides an extensive array of high-level
support to the School and establishes collaborative relationships
across the Associate Dean Units, and Departmental and Center Units.
This position is responsible for managing the administrative staff
within the Dean's Office, including the Senior Business Services
Professional and Business Services Professional. The Business
Manager ensures that the ColoradoSPH Dean's Suite complies with the
university, state, and federal policies. This position requires a
high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and
The person hired into this position will be required to adhere
to the University of Colorado's Code of Conduct. You can review
this policy at: APS 2027 - Code of Conduct | University of Colorado
Examples of Work Performed:
- Independently manages and makes decisions pertaining to various
operations of the Dean's Suite and ensures that vision, mission,
goals, and strategies of the School and Dean's Office are
- Acts with sole discretion to develop and implement processes
and strategies for the Dean's Office and business services for the
- Responsible for ensuring that the Dean's Suite is properly
staffed and that Dean's organizational goals are obtained.
- Manages routine activities and special projects, initiatives,
and events for the Dean and ensures that they are properly planned
and meet expectations and requirements.
- Approves travel and purchasing requests generated by the Senior
Business Services Professional and Business Services
- Ensures that all employees under this position in the reporting
structure are fully trained as described in each of their job
- Creates and executes training processes to streamline and
improve program functions for the entire Dean's Office.
- Develops smoothly working initiatives within the Dean's Office.
Examples of these initiatives include plans related to travel
(domestic and international), reimbursement for School-wide
initiatives, conferences/meetings, purchasing supplies, and setting
up interviews for new potential leadership members within the
- Serves as an ongoing resource for the ColoradoSPH units,
including department and center administrators, to ensure and
improve communication and better assist the business functions of
- The sole responsibility for recommending and implementing new
processes for efficient business practices in the Dean's
- Manages and sets strategic interview/visit itineraries for
executive-level recruitment processes for the Dean's executive
leadership team including Department Chairs and Associate
- Strategizes develops and implements special projects for the
Dean, Associate Deans, and School as needed.
- Plans, implements, and leads general and special projects
assigned by the Dean, ensuring completion within budget constraints
while meeting initiative goals.
- Independently anticipates the needs of the Dean and other
members in leadership, and proactively evaluates data, verifies
facts, and prepares reports containing team findings and
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships
with faculty and staff in the School, academic and non-academic
unit heads, students, alumni, government and private agencies,
School stakeholders, and the public to ensure that established
goals are met and problems are resolved.
- Effectively handles sensitive and confidential personnel, HR,
and financial issues on behalf of the Dean with tact, timeliness,
discretion, professionalism, and consideration.
- Manages in-person, written, and telephone requests and
inquiries on behalf of the Dean and the Dean's Office.
- Proactively and independently manages the Dean's schedule,
including screening of meetings, resolution of issues where
appropriate, and researching and preparing briefing materials and
subsequent action items.
- Responsible for attending monthly Executive Council meetings to
include: agenda development and content collection and
distribution; logistical set-up including Zoom; establishing
deadlines; confirming guest presenters; taking detailed meeting
minutes; and post-meeting follow-up to meet deliverables
established during the meeting.
- Responsible for attending various meetings and taking detailed
- Serves as liaison to key stakeholders at the local, state, and
- Prepares, edits, updates, and/or proofs presentations and
- Manages various annual school-wide events.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general
level of work being performed, it is not intended to be
all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to
time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or
delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the
supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been
established at $70,000 to $75,000.
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be
set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the
University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of
possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your
paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave,
health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
Diversity and Equity:
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to
applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application
process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA
Coordinator at email@example.com
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body,
faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote
a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and
understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic
minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The
University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in
education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our
faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that
goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration,
communications, human resources, journalism, liberal arts,
organizational development or a similar related field from an
- Substitution: A combination of education and related
technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the
bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively
responsible experience at the management level, including at least
two years of supervisory experience, with 2 or more reports, and
direct responsibility for managing an executive office and
oversight of complex tasks.
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of
- Master's Degree in relevant field or equivalent degree;
professional experience in a closely related field, with increasing
responsibility may be substituted for a Master's degree on a year
for year basis.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible administrative
experience including experience with executive officer operations,
or similar positions.
- Experience with Marketplace, Concur, and other University
- Prior experience working in higher education or state/public
- Experience supervising professional full-time staff.
- Experience implementing organizational operations and
procedures for business operations functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees at all levels throughout the
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance
diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work independently and with sole responsibility for
initiating and completing tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a variety of high-level professionals, administrators, and
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to
the interview process and any relocation expenses, if
Keywords: University of Colorado, Aurora , Business Manager, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!