University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Department of Psychiatry
HR Professional - HR Recruitment Specialist
Position #00783426 - Requisition #21300
- Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks
individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive
learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage
effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse
The School of Medicine - Department of Psychiatry has an opening
for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) HR Recruitment
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public
education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students,
and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of
life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers
more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and
colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each
year. We are the single largest health professions education
provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually.
Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a
reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus
drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the
delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human
capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to
managers and employees, and performing functions including
strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws,
employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave
management, employee training/development, reward and recognition,
employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee
records/information, and payroll.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for
exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability
and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic,
administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work
involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge
directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope
and are performed with guidance and direction from other
The Department of Psychiatry seeks a recruitment and operations
specialist. The specialist will focus on recruitment of faculty and
staff within the department as part of a team to support major
growth within the department. In addition to recruitment and
onboarding activities, this position will provide general support
through the department's Jira ticketing system. This includes
processing of travel and procurement requests, booking of rooms,
coordination of meetings, etc. The department is also committed to
improving its diversity, equity, and inclusion practices for
recruitment and retention. This position will work closely with the
DEI committees to implement and research best practices.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Primary point of contact for open requisitions as assigned by
the Recruitment Team Lead.
- Manage the search committee process including kickoff meeting,
candidate vetting, interview question development, candidate
communications, second round interviews/scheduling.
- Proactively investigate recruitment sourcing and engage with
search committee to market active posting. Participate in job fairs
- Initiates and tracks reference checks and salary approvals
(when needed) to assist Hiring Manager in final hiring
- Updates and maintains database and tracking structures for all
recruitments in smartsheets. Provides regular updates to HR
Manager, Recruitment Team Lead and Hiring Managers.
- Create opportunities for collaboration between search
committees to leverage applicants, as applicable.
- Assist in HR systems process including HCM position and job
entry, Taleo management (positions and candidates), search matrix
and search summary development, salary approvals (when needed
- Manages the onboarding schedules for new faculty and staff and
coordinating with hiring managers to develop itineraries,
scheduling appropriate trainings and orientations and clinic
- Actively work to make the candidate experience inclusive and
- Manage and coordinate business-related travel which includes
preparing itineraries, making reservations, solving travel
challenges, and processing reimbursement & travel expenses
- Provide administrative and travel support for visiting job
candidates, speakers, and visitors
- Maintain all files - electronic and paper - related to
recruitment and onboarding
- Actively participate in the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
department committee dedicated to ongoing recruitment process
- Identify problems such as faculty scheduling conflicts and be
able to communicate with necessary faculty and staff to resolve
these problems quickly.
- Work with internal stakeholders as a subject matter expert on
recruitment best practices.
- Identify opportunities for collaborations between committees
based on review of applicants and knowledge of need.
- Rank applicants based on understanding of position and
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been
established at $49,681 - $63,194.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the
University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of
possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is ineligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck.
The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans
and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to
applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application
process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA
Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body,
faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote
a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and
understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic
minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The
University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in
education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our
faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that
goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective
- A bachelor's degree in public administration, public policy,
business, higher education administration, social sciences,
behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited
- Two (2) years of recruitment related experience.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical
experience may be substituted for required experience on a
- Experience working in an academic and/or healthcare
- Experience using CU programs (Smartsheet, Taleo, CU
Marketplace, Concur Travel & Expense) or similar programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with students, staff, and faculty, within a
higher education and/or academic medical environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of
laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in
applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and
practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or
organizational development and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally,
including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees at all levels throughout the
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance
diversity and inclusion.
- Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods
and best practices.
- Experience managing and handling sensitive and confidential