Class A CDL Driver - Alamosa, CO - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are
remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are
looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and
stocked with supplies.
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest
distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty
products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000
customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse
associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food
that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small
family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in
between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and
feel good about what you do? Join our growing Driver team
Why Work for UNFI?
- Earn up to $29.20 per/hr. and $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
- All deliveries are dock or lift gate unload. Never having to
use a ramp and hand truck.
- Comprehensive Medical insurance coverage with prescription drug
- Dental and Vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan with employer match
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing safe
and effective loading and handling procedures.
- Reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking
orders for correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and
support documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data
into on-board computer.
- Complying with FMCSA regulations.
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment,
including tractor trailer, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and
other devices which assist delivery.
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing
accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public.
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting
any defects promptly using.
- Supplies and back hauls from vendors while completing related
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate.
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition.
- Communicating professionally with customers and vendors.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier
Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver's
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and
mandates and understanding of UNFI's safety standards.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- System implementation experience is preferred.
For applicants in Colorado: The compensation range for this
position is $24 to $29.20 per hour, based on years of relevant
experience. You will also be eligible to participate in the
following benefits programs - Paid Time Off; Sick Time; 401K
Program; medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental death/
dismemberment insurance; short-term and long-term disability
insurance programs, Flexible Spending Account, and/or Health
Savings Account, subject to meeting the eligibility requirements
and the terms and conditions of these programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Colorado,
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Aurora , Class A CDL Driver - Alamosa, CO - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!