Pediatric Anesthesiology Division Administrator
Company: University of Colorado
Posted on: June 6, 2021
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Pediatric
Official Title: Business Services Program Director
Working Title: Pediatric Anesthesiology Division
Position #00764272, Requisition #20329
- Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks
individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive
learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage
effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse
The Department of Anesthesiology has an opening for a full-time
University Staff (unclassified) Pediatric Anesthesiology Division
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public
education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students,
and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of
life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers
more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and
colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each
year. We are the single largest health professions education
provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually.
Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a
reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus
drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the
delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts
Nature of Work:
The Division Administrator (1.0 FTE) manages and coordinates
policies and procedures related to finance and accounting, human
resources, faculty affairs, and department operations in the
Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Pediatric Anesthesiology.
This position also supports and collaborates with the Division Head
and other key stakeholders to develop and implement strategy and
program development. Working under the direction and guidance of
the Director of Finance & Administration, the Administrator
represents the Division within the Department and the School of
Medicine, Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO), Anschutz Medical
Campus and the University of Colorado, providing essential
communication and networking for the effective functioning of these
entities. In executing this role, the Division Administrator will
work collaboratively with the CHCO Director of Operations.
Under the authority of the Director of Finance & Administration,
this role will both directly supervise support staff, as well as
collaboratively supervise with and/or give feedback to the
Department's HR Manager, Education Manager, the CHCO Operational
Manager/Director, and the Department's Research Program Director
with respect to the performance of human resource, fiscal, and
Example of Work Performed: Specific duties and responsibilities
of the Division Manager may include, but are not limited to, the
Financial Management: All financial management activities are
under the direction of the Director of Finance & Administration who
has overall responsibility for divisional and departmental funds,
serves as the Fund Administrator and overall approving official.
Within these parameters, the Division Administrator:
- Manages all funds of the Division including State, UCD gift and
endowment funds, grants and contracts funds as well as clinical
funds. Responsibilities also include managing the financial aspects
of operations and staffing, faculty recruitment, investment
analysis and other short and long term planning functions. The
volume of fiscal management is anticipated to be $27M (net
payments) and over $80M (charges) in physician revenues and other
non-clinical funds (research grants, contracts, gifts and other
- Manages faculty practice plan and clinical revenues for the
- Prepares budgets, controls and monitors revenue and expenditure
activity for each source of funds. Budgeting and financial
management occurs in multiple fiscal systems including the state,
CU Medicine as well as multiple hospitals and other entities,
- Utilizes standard University, Department and other systems for
accounting and data processing as necessary for financial
management and statistical reporting.
- Prepares Division level faculty salary data and sources of
funds for annual salary recommendation process and responds to
requests from the Director of Finance & Administration for fiscal
- Monitors physician services billing and collection activity
where appropriate, and coordinates all related activity with the
Director of Finance & Administration.
- Administers the flow of administrative, financial and workload
statistical data and reporting for the Division.
- Administers pertinent State, CU & UCD fiscal policies, rules
and procedures, and applicable State and Federal laws and standards
applying to business management (personnel, accounting, auditing,
- Administers pertinent practice plan or CU Medicine fiscal
policies, including complex federal and other regulations governing
physician practices, patient care and billing and collection (as
well as personnel, accounting, auditing, etc.).
- Coordinates fiscal policies related to faculty needs and
practice site locations including policies and rules for CHCO,
Memorial/Briargate, and others.
- Represents the Division on task forces and committees as
requested by the Director of Finance & Administration and the
- Attends Divisional meetings, faculty meetings, chief's
meetings, department manager meetings, and may be the coordinator
of Divisional faculty and staff or other meetings. These meetings
may occur outside normal business hours.
- Partners with the Department's HR Manager for appointment,
re-appointment, promotion and tenure activities for faculty and
affiliate faculty in the Division.
- Coordinates personnel matters, in partnership with SOM HR
Shared Services, for the Division, including position
establishment, recruitment, affirmative action, hiring and
supervision of staff, performance planning and appraisal, and
termination processes. Performs these functions for Divisional
faculty, house staff and trainees, fellows, state classified or
exempt professional staff, student workers, and CU Medicine
- Processes a variety of personnel forms in multiple personnel
systems and conducts required processes in PeopleSoft or other
systems. Maintains appropriate personnel records (e.g. vacation,
sick leave, grievances, audits). Monitors the performance
evaluation activities for all support staff to include
implementation and maintenance of the performance
- Facilitates the resolution of complex issues that may arise
between patients, support staff, physicians and other
- Facilitates and promotes staff development and training
classes, and provides orientation to faculty and staff as
- Prepares reports for the Department or others as requested to
satisfy needs such as ACGME studies, program reviews, retreats,
audits, annual reports, board reports, etc.
- Leads and/or oversees any SOM-based process improvement
projects within the Division to support efficiency in operations
and business processes. Partners with CHCO Director of Operations
on any CHCO-based initiatives.
- Oversees, in partnership with other department
managers/directors, administrative, research and educational
programs. Support operational procedures and coordinate
implementation of new initiatives.
- Co-Chairs Division meetings with the Division Head.
- Oversees Division communication that highlights happenings,
important updates, and other information. This includes managing
Children's and Department of Anesthesiology websites to ensure all
faculty content is up-to-date.
- Coordinates divisional purchasing activities, including
delegation of purchasing responsibilities and adherence to
- Maintains familiarity and skill level for multiple procurement
systems, including state, and CU Medicine.
Program Development/ Planning:
- Fosters and promotes financial growth and health of the
Division through the development of new and expanded funding
sources and opportunities. Actively seeks business opportunities
for faculty clinical practices, develops ventures and
collaborations, prepares agreements and contracts, seeks legal
review, and performs other tasks essential to clinical business
entrepreneurship and development.
- Prepares business plans for new programs, contracts, joint
- Serves as Public Relations liaison for constituents.
- Participates in planning activities for the Division, including
long range and short range planning. Shares responsibility for
projection of programs, patient/client census, revenues and
expenses, personnel needs and facility needs.
Fundraising and Marketing:
- Represents the Division to visitors, clients, media and the
public. Participates and serves on committees as requested.
- Ensures philanthropic funds are appropriately managed and
invested through mechanisms of the state or CU Medicine.
- Facilitates fundraising objectives through coordination of
fundraising events and communications.
- Helps develop and facilitates marketing objectives (Divisional
&/or institutional) through cost-effective and effective
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been
established at $65,067-$100,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the
University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of
possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck.
The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans
and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body,
faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote
a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and
understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic
minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The
University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in
education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our
faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that
goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
business/public/health administration, accounting, finance or
- Three (3) years of experience in a manager/leadership role in
an academic, healthcare, or closely related environment.
- Experience in leading (or significant contributions towards) an
organization or business unit in operational and strategic
Substitution: A combination of education and related
technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the
bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university in
business/public/health administration, accounting, finance or
- Three (3) years of experience in managing multiple staff
including hiring and evaluations of staff.
- Experience managing all aspects of a complex organization,
including (but not limited to) operations, finance and Human
- Ability to work within a complex organization with many
competing demands and priorities
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to apply, diversified financial
- Ability to manage funds effectively, from a variety of
- Ability to communicate effectively in brief, focused and
well-organized oral and written presentations.
- Ability to establish work priorities and provide follow
through, to insure completion of activities, both personally and in
- Ability to plan and organize, implement and coordinate
financial and administrative activities, as they apply to the
complex workings of the Division.
- Ability to attend early morning meetings that could start as
early as 5:30/6am and/or late evening meetings that may end after
Keywords: University of Colorado, Aurora , Pediatric Anesthesiology Division Administrator, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!