Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in
careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come
from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We
provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and
drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths
and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and
discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from
all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are
encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and
This position is accountable for supporting and maintaining the
safety & health programs and control measures for the site, as well
as coordinating these efforts with various environmental compliance
programs, in order to protect all personnel and physical
Major Tasks Include:
- Lead integrated risk/loss controls into daily operations with
- Record & analyze accident and incident records and make
recommendations regarding corrective actions, emphasizing
- Identify, evaluate, and develop appropriate solutions to
control or eliminate risk exposures.
- Identify, interpret, and implement federal, state, and local
safety, health, and environmental regulations and/or standards that
pertain to the organization's operations.
- Coordinate location safety, occupational health, and fire
protection improvement projects as directed by EHS Manager.
- Conduct and document employees training in all EH&S
programs required by the site.
- Participate in appropriate on-the-job Safety activities for
- Promote safe actions among all business associates within the
Organization by maintaining a strong shop-floor presence.
- Coordinate and support the Central Safety Committee and
associated ad hoc teams.
- Maintain OHSA VPP and ISO 9000 accreditation.
- Maintain incident management systems and processes.
- Maintain site management of change procedures and
- Manage site safety Observation and hazard tracking
- Develop and initiate programs and processes to reduce frequency
and severity of occupational injuries, illnesses and property
- Maintain site management involvement in safety program
planning, organization and implementation.
- Obtain compliance with Company and regulatory safety
- Obtain safely designed and engineered facility processes,
installations, and structures through detailed reviews of new and
- Fosters positive safety culture through professional and
proactive interactions with employees.
- Support in on-the-job training, planning, delivery and
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have the legal right to work in country of employment
without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or
at least 4 years of work experience
- Must have at least one (1) year of previous safety experience
or completion of the GSC Accelerated Development program
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and
- Safety experience in a manufacturing or distribution
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations or VPP programs
- Basic knowledge of industrial lift operations, respirators, and
other major safety standards
- Degree in Environmental, Health & Safety or related field
- A history of Building Partnerships and leveraging both internal
and external relationships to persuade others to take action.
- Proven ability to partner with others and earn their trust to
ensure meeting the team's goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources to ensure
tasks are completed efficiently.
- Proven customer service and communication skills.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive
and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability,
age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any
other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state
and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority
referral of Protected Veterans.
Keywords: Sherwin-Williams, Aurora , Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!