Therapist - Early Childhood - Sign On BONUS Available
Company: Aurora Mental Health Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Aurora Mental Health Center is dedicated to
helping people Live Life to the Fullest. If you are passionate
about our Core Values; Passionate Caring, Rising to the Challenge,
Honoring and Respecting all Persons, Believe in Resilience and
Putting Client and Community First, we would like to invite you to
join our family!
About The Team.
Our Early Childhood & Family Center (ECFC) program
is made up of several teams that provide specialized prevention and
early intervention for young children and their families who may be
struggling with behavioral, social-emotional or other mental health
difficulties stemming from trauma.
ECFC services incorporate outreach, prevention, consultation,
parenting classes, support groups and intervention services
including evidence-based prevention and treatment models.
The Child First model is an evidence-based, two-generation
intervention that works with very vulnerable young children
(prenatal through age 5 years) and their families, providing
intensive, home-based services to decrease the incidence of serious
mental health problems, developmental and learning disabilities,
and abuse and neglect. Child First provides (1) a
psychotherapeutic, dyadic intervention to strengthen the
parent-child relationship, and (2) care coordination to connect the
family to needed services and supports.
About The Role.
The Therapist on the ECFC team is responsible for
facilitating recovery and optimal quality of life in clients with
behavioral health concerns, by providing individual and group
therapy, case management and psychoeducation. In collaboration with
the client, you will create and carry out a consistent plan of
treatment, from intake and assessment to closure.
- In-Home position but due to Covid-19 and safety, it is
temporary remote and will return to in person when safe.**
- Conduct diagnostic assessments, individual, family and/or group
therapy with assigned clients.
- Develop and monitor treatment plans; update at required
- Consult with internal and external professionals and
collaterals to ensure access to needed services and proactive
coordination of care.
- Provide clinical case-management services as needed. Provide
crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Provide comprehensive clinical services designed to decrease
symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Assist clients to evaluate strengths and symptoms, and set
their own goals.
- Guide and instruct clients in coping skills.
- Offer consultation to community partners and providers.
- Ensure that billing information is up-to-date for assigned
clients. Seek insurance authorization for services as
- Write reports and other correspondence, as necessary, and with
- Complete all requests to provide the necessary information and
undertake the required activities to ensure timely and ongoing
credentialing with third party payers.
The ideal candidate should have strong leadership
skills, be highly collaborative and enjoy working in families homes
for children 0-6 years. Candidates must have previous experience
working with young children and their families. Bilingual
Spanish-speaking applicants preferred; differential pay available
for bilingual therapist.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks.
- Masters degree in human services field.
- At least one year relevant experience providing clinical care
to appropriate client population, including conducting individual,
family and/or group therapy.
- Licensed Therapist preferred, will also consider License
eligible: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage
and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Counselor
- Knowledge of theories and evidence based practices related to
- Ability to learn and utilize an electronic health record with
- Solid understanding of mental illness and treatment modalities
within multidisciplinary approach.
- Knowledge of DSM-V.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and effectively respond to all client
presentations and crisis situations.
- Ability to document interactions with clients, other agencies
and mental health professionals.
Salary for this role
(based on experience and company
Sign On Bonus Tiers
- Unlicensed Therapist: $45,000 - $48,000
- Licensed Therapist: $53,000 - $73,000
Language Differential Pay (For Bilingual
- $2000 for Unlicensed Therapist.
- $3000 for Licensed Therapist.
- $4000 for LCSW with adults.
- 5% of base salary up to $3,000/year.
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts(dependent care &
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately,
and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of
- Paid time-off up to 12 days for full-time first year employees,
including 9 Paid Company Holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 12 sick
days (hours calculated pro-rata basis)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
- Eligible for benefit if working 30 hours per week or more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Quality Supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no
cost to the employee
- Loan Forgiveness
- Continued learning benefit
Aurora Mental Health Center (AuMHC) and subsidiaries
are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We
prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on
the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable state or local law. We are
committed to maintaining an environment that respects the dignity
of each individual in our community. We do not tolerate
discrimination in any form or context including harassment or
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity,
and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the
fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and
welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.
Keywords: Aurora Mental Health Center, Aurora , Therapist - Early Childhood - Sign On BONUS Available, Other , aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!