Field Service Engineer
Company: Scientific Search
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Remote (Colorado area)
Check out for all of our current positions.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be a liaison
between our customers, Product Development, and Applications.
He/She will be responsible for the installation, customer
familiarization and support initially for our Beta unit and then
Commercial units. The FSE will support our Commercial Team during
all Beta and Commercial product deployments, installations, and
provide complete customer support. Design and create presentations,
use cases, technical documentation, internal and external training
documentation, procedures, and customer facing manuals, quick start
guides, troubleshooting, etc.
- Scientific Knowledge and Application of Separation Technology
for Analysis of Biologic Samples with regards to IM-MS
- Experienced liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC/MS)
method developer with a broad knowledge of applications related to
the analysis of biologically relevant molecules
- Learn to operate instrumentation on multiple mass spectrometry
platforms to generate meaningful and valuable data sets for
correlation to current LC/MS applications
- Perform post-installation testing and meet performance
- Acquire, process, and interpret ion mobility mass spectrometry
- Provide familiarization to all customers on system use
including hardware, software, and data acquisition.
- Field Engineering in LC/MS
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with
external and internal customers ensuring their success.
- Provide extensive technical support and system level
- Manage and drive resolution for all customer situations.
- Manage customer expectations, by communicating work performed
and providing follow up plan if needed.
- Deliver system level training at customer sites.
- Manage service inventory.
- Issue field service reports
- Maintain sound knowledge of technology and customers'
- Collaboratively work with Business Development and Product
Manager in respect to identifying future business opportunities,
product features or functionality.
- Work with Applications and Product Development teams to resolve
customer issues as expeditiously as possible.
- Biopharmaceuticals Applications
- Understanding of the current Sample Preparation techniques in
support of biopharmaceuticals applications such as, but not limited
too: biopharmaceutical characterization including glycan analysis,
intact mAb, peptide mapping, proteomics, targeted lipidomics, and
- Understanding the technology, capability, unmet needs, and
concerns (current and potential) of end users and the overall
- Having a current and accurate knowledge of the instrumentation
landscape from sample preparation through data analysis, reporting
used in the biopharmaceutical market.
- Bachelor's degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics,
or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines
is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years industrial experience servicing analytical
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the
- Exceptional time and project management skills with the ability
to work on multi-projects in a changing environment.
- Previous experience as a field service engineer
- Previous experiencing using, troubleshooting, and servicing
mass spectrometry instrumentation.
- Previous proficiency with training customers in mass
spectrometry including, but not limited to hardware, software, data
- Ability to identify unmet needs in analytical workflows.
- Knowledge of workflows related to analysis of biological
- Previous training customers in applications and hardware
- Strong customer centric focused.
- Ability to communicate to internal teams.
- Willingness to travel 40%
- Ability to work within the United States
Please send your resume to for consideration and reference job
- Technical documentation generation
- Process oriented.
- A willingness to accept responsibility, own a project, deliver
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, ability to decompose
complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak, present
and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, including,
experiment design, sample preparation, operation of scientific
equipment, and data interpretation.
#LI - Remote
Keywords: Scientific Search, Aurora , Field Service Engineer, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!