Brown and Caldwell, a national environmental engineering firm,
has a new opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to provide
project leadership and technical proficiency to deliver high
quality designs for a portfolio of clients. We are seeking a
motivated and achievement-oriented individual to take ownership of
the structural design on projects who will be accountable for
delivery by the project structural team.
This candidate will also have expert-level experience in the
design and construction of AWWA D115 Tendon-Prestressed Concrete
Water Tanks. The selected candidate will be Brown and Caldwell's
technical expert in our delivery of D115 tank designs and will have
the ability and desire to mentor other structural engineers within
Brown and Caldwell to grow our business associated with this
When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and
welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical,
collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your
best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project
managers and external clients. The work we do is interesting,
challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client
Day-to-day expectations include:
- Develop scopes of work and level of effort estimates for
structural project work.
- Manage structural project teams and be accountable for budget
and schedule compliance.
- Provide structural engineering design for tanks, basins,
building facilities and appurtenant structures for water and
wastewater related facilities.
- Provide technical expertise for AWWA D115 tank pursuits,
designs and construction projects
- Provide water-related structural engineering design for
- Provide structural engineering design for storm water related
- Provide structural design using concrete, masonry, steel,
aluminum, light gage steel, and wood materials per regional
- Coordinate with other Discipline engineers to provide
structural design for pipe, duct and conduit supports.
- Design concrete structures utilizing ACI 318 and ACI 350 codes
- Perform condition and seismic assessments of existing
- Prepare detailed design sketches, and coordinate with design
staff to prepare 3-D models and design drawings.
- Prepare project-specific structural design specifications.
- Technical exert authoring and maintenance of AWWA D115 related
- Coordinate structural project work with architectural, civil,
process, mechanical, and electrical engineering staff.
- Provide construction administration support: submittal review,
RFI responses, and structural observations.
- Create mentoring program to grow AWWA D115 expertise within
- Utilize STAAD Pro, RAM, RISA 3D, RISA Foundation, Enercalc,
MathCAD and other software for structural design.
- Proposal and informational presentations for client pursuits
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental concrete design and
- Comprehensive knowledge for structural design of steel,
masonry, aluminum, wood and other common building materials to meet
regional code requirements.
- Minimum of 10 years of structural design experience with water
or wastewater related facilities, ports, heavy civil/structural
projects, or industrial facilities; additional commercial design
experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the detailed design and
construction of AWWA D115 Tendon-Prestressed Concrete Water
- B.S. in Civil Engineering required, M.S. degree preferred.
- PE license and ability to obtain licensure in other states as
necessary, SE license preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication essential.
Salary Range: The anticipated starting pay range for this
position is $98,000 - $146,000 and may be more or less depending
upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.
Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive
benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and
success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term
disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid
time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement
savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus
eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet
insurance and long-term care insurance. Click here to see our full
list of benefits.
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a
full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with
52 offices and 1,700 professionals across North America and the
Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge
environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and
government agencies. We strive to be the company of choiceto our
clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional
quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our
commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join
us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach
new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development
opportunities. For more information, visit
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check
and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not
accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate
without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement
request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the
right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer.
Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to
apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs
and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act