Research Finance Administrator
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for overall post-award management of all contracts,
grants, and cooperative agreements. Coordinates with the Research
Administrators on the grants and contracts management process.
Utilizes project management software to monitor the status of
projects in the department. Accountable for creating a culture of
compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and
assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanente's Principles
of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable
regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Responds
appropriately to observed fraud or abuse.
- Review wires and checks that are received from funding agencies
to ensure that reimbursement matches applicable invoice. Follow up
on outstanding invoices to ensure that IHR receives full funding on
grants and contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining FINSYS software to assist principal
investigators and project manager in monitoring project funding
status, project expenses, and processing all carry-forward funding
- Process monthly PCard statements, check requests, vendor
invoices, and expense reports. Ensure proper sign-off by principal
investigators or project managers and person with appropriate
signing authority. As needed train new department staff on proper
accounting and finance procedures as it relates to project
- Responsible for departmental Time & Effort reporting process.
Review and signoff on bi-weekly time cards to ensure that payroll
expenses are charged properly. Initiates payroll recharge process
to correct hours charged incorrectly to projects and overhead
- Maintain current information and knowledge of all applicable
Kaiser Policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and
- Assist with the annual financial and A-133 Federal Single
Audit. Provide pertinent information to the auditors as requested.
Follow-up and resolve all audit findings to ensure that the
department is in compliance with applicable Federal OMB circulars
and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Other special projects as assigned by Manager.
Salary Range: $31.73/hour - $37.31/hour
- Minimum one (1) year of directly related financial or
accounting experience with analytically challenging projects.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting OR four (4) years of
experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficient with spreadsheet software and mainframe
- Experience with OMB Circulars A-122, 2 CFR 215, A-133
Primary Location: Colorado,Aurora,Waterpark III Scheduled Weekly
Hours: 40 Shift: Day Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours
End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee
Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-CO-02|NUE|Non
Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department:
Research-Communications Travel: No
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Aurora , Research Finance Administrator, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!